Chapter Nineteen

A/n: it's complicated rn, don't ask questions

Kellin's POV

I sat at the edge of my bed, bouncing my leg as I waited, not knowing what to do. The job still hadn't called me and I was getting antsy, it had been three days and I still hadn't heard anything back and I couldn't handle it. I was ready to just call them and ask if I got the job or not. I didn't know how much longer I could last not knowing.

"Hey Kells, do you know anyone who's good at physics?" Kailey asked, walking into my room with her homework.

I reached out a hand. "Let me see."

"Here." She said and handed it to me. "I didn't know you knew physics."

"I've been getting tutored in it for a while so I'm pretty competent in it."

"You were? By who?"

"Alan, the boy genius himself."

"Oh really? Is he really that smart?"

"He's leaving next week to Harvard, yeah he is."

"Oh wow, that's awesome."

"I know."

"Now show me what I'm doing wrong," she said, sitting next to me.

"Literally everything."

"Explain."

"Like, how does this mean hangtime?"

"I don't know."

"Exactly."

"Well, can you show me how I'm supposed to find hang time then?" She asked.

"Sure."

"You're so real," Kailey said with a sigh once I explained everything to her.

"Do you understand everything now?" I asked her when I was done showing her how to do a few problems.

"I think so."

"Good."

She smiled. "Have you gotten a call yet?"

"Not yet."

"Dumb, you're going to get it, though."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

"Thanks."

"Any time," she said as my phone started ringing. "That might be them."

"Nevermind it's Mike," I groaned and answered it, "What?"

"Emily just punched Vic in the nose!" He shouted angrily.

"What!?" I shouted.

"I think she broke his nose. Deb's checking."

I was fuming. "What the hell happened?" I demanded.

"I don't know, we were all in the living room chilling and watching a movie while Vic and the bitch were arguing and then Emily came storming out of Vic's room and then Vic followed her out and his nose was bleeding."

"And no one kicked her ass!?"

"She left before we could do anything," he exclaimed. "He really needs you right now, Kells. I don't know what's going on but he's insisting that he's going to stay with her."

"He can't stay with her."

"No he can't. You've got to do something about this, Kellin. He won't listen to any of us but you're his best friend."