Chapter Fifteen

Alan's POV

I hated being grounded. My weekends were so boring I didn't know what to do with myself. My mom and I were still barely talking to one another so it was awkward if I left my room. I just sat in my room all day studying all day. It was terrible and I hated every minute of it.

I've never studied this much in my life.

I groaned and shut my Trig book. I was going to go crazy if I looked at it one more time.

"Alan?" My mom said walking into my room.

"What?"

"You're ungrounded."

"Really!? Why?"

"Cause all you've been doing is studying." She said, "I want you to know that I still don't trust you fully after what happened, but everything is lifted except you have a curfew till 9pm."

I nodded. "Understandable."

She smiled, "Now go out and have some fun."

"Really?"

"Yeah, go. Just be home by nine."

"I will." I said getting up from my bed and running to my closet to put some clothes on. "I gotta call Austin."

"Phones on your dresser." She said before leaving my room.

I threw on some clothes and grabbed my phone dialing Austin's number. I was walking down the hall when I ran into a side table.

"Why is your nightstand in the hallway mom!?" I groaned.

I heard her laugh, "I'm rearranging my room."

"Dumb." I muttered to myself, "Have you seen my glasses?"

"Kitchen counter!"

"Can you get my contacts soon?"

"Yes, yes I'll get them soon!"

"Thanks mom!"

"Anytime, sweetie," she called back.

"Be home at nine!" I called before I left the apartment. I couldn't wait to see Austin.

My phone was still between my shoulder and ear from when I called Austin. I took it in my hand realizing I never pressed call. It rang a few times before Austin finally answered.

"Austin!"

"Hey, I thought you were still grounded?" He said.

"My mom is letting free with the exception of a curfew at 9pm."

"That's great! Do you wanna go do something or just come over?"

"How about we get some food, my treat!"

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, how about we meet at the diner on 5th?"

"Sounds good, I'll meet you there."

I smiled and hung up heading to the diner. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to see my boyfriend. I felt like we hadn't had any alone time in ages. And if I was being honest, I really missed him. I missed being with him. I just wanted to kiss him and hold him.

I saw Austin already inside sitting at a table. I practically ran inside and took the seat across from him.

"I missed you!"

"I missed you too babe." He said smiling at me. "What changed your mom's mind?"

"I've been studying my butt off and she thought I deserved it."