Prologue

Song of the Chapter: Don't Forget to Remember Me by Carrie Underwood

___

"You have to promise to call."

"Of course."

"And text."

"I promise."

"And email."

"Yes, I'll do anything to keep in contact with you. Even if someone releases a virus to destroy the Internet, I'll get a carrier pigeon!"

"Good...I can't believe you're leaving me to go to Wheetsheere!"

"Hey, it's not that far!"

"It's across the continent! I have to fly for two days!"

"I thought you were okay with this."

"I was. I am. I'll just miss you so much."

"I'm going to be on TV! It's everything I've ever dreamt of! It's my chance to launch my career!"

"I know and I'm so happy for you. I'm just sad you're leaving."

"Hey, you'll survive. I'll visit. Or you can. And I'll show you around Grantire!" My best friend, Krycyand, says as she hugs me before stepping into the car that will take her to the airport and out of my life.

"Bye," I whisper as the car drives off, my best friend waving maniacally.

___
A/N

Hi! I'm MangoHurricane and I'll be your author throughout this book. I'd like to thank you for reading my book and giving it a chance. If you don't know, this is my second book on Wattpad, my first being Death Wish.

Pictured: Ryan Newman as Krycyand Trakhaynd

The song of the chapter narrates what Zyliena is feeling when her best friend leaves her. She doesn't want her best friend to forget to remember her.

Reminders:

This book is set in a different, alternate world with the exact same things. So it has different countries and continents, but the same holidays or traditions. I did that because it's easier than running the risk of getting something wrong in real life. (The wimpy path, I know.)

Also, I really like country music, so the majority of the songs of the chapter may be country. I'll post what song it is at the beginning of the chapter so you don't have to scroll to the bottom to find out. I'll try to post a picture and song every chapter, but I may not if I don't find anything to go along with it.

Anyways thanks for starting this book and I'll end the long author's note so you can read.

Remember: constructive criticism is always appreciated!