Epilogue

Song of the Chapter: I'm Yours by Jason Mraz

___

Five Years Later

"Hey," Hotshot whispers into my ear, making me giggle and squirm from my spot in front of the sink.

"Hi," I respond with a smile.

He places a kiss on my neck, and I push him away.

"Adrenor! There are kids around!" I exclaim.

"Come on! We're married! I'd assume I'd get some leeway!"

After I took back Adrenor all those years ago, we started over. We never forgot that summer, but we bout on our previous relationship, our breakup making us stronger. It took a while for Treynakly and Mom to accept him again, but it happened.

He proposed when I graduated medical school, and we got married two months ago. I know we're kind of young, I mean, I'm in residency and he's working on managing his father's company, but we're managing.

He drops a kiss on my head, wrapping his arms around me. I lean back against his chest, a small smile on my face.

"Come on, we're fourteen. That hardly counts as children," Lxansyer cut in, not looking away from his phone.

"Yeah, I can handle it," Vakeny agrees from her spot on the couch with her phone.

"Really? Because last time I checked, you look away from the tv every time there's a kiss scene."

"Whatever!"

Grinning, I look up at Adrenor and kiss him quickly.

"There. Now go and play with them. They need to GET OFF THEIR ELECTRONICS!" I shout the last part so they can hear it.

"Whatever!" Lxansyer says this time.

"You hear that? These electronics have brainwashed them. All they can say are three syllable words."

"Fine! Loser!"

"Nice. You got me there," I say sarcastically, wiping my hands on the towel and walking into the living room.

Lxansyer rolls his eyes and turns back to his phone, texting some girl.

"Oh, who's this?" I ask, plucking the phone out of his hand and walking away.

"Aww, Eadeln! You look beautiful today! How sweet! Let's see...wow, showering her with compliments? Nice.  Just remember, you can't date until you're eighteen. New rule!"

"What? Since when?" Vakeny interjects.

"Uh...since now. I just made it up. See, soak up as much childhood as you can. 'Cause being an adult sucks."

"Hey! At least you got to marry me!" Adrenor exclaims.

"Yep. That's the least of it."

"Hey!"

"Aww, you know I love you," I smile, looking up and kissing him.