Chapter 14 | Day 29... | That Was Uncalled for

Song of the Chapter: Someone Else Calling You Baby by Luke Bryan

___

After that day in the gym with Kly, we go on an exploration of Grantire with Krycyand. We've seen all the famous parts of Grantire that make it the richest city in the world, but now we're off to the small businesses that hold dozens of secrets to the city.

After walking for about twenty minutes and listening to Krycyand whine for nineteen of them, Kly gets fed up.

"If you don't want to walk, then why'd you come? Exploration has the connotation of being active. It's you want to sit in your suite, bumming around, be my guest," she says angrily before continuing walking.

Kly's never liked Krycyand. I don't understand why, but I can't exactly force her to like her.

"I came because my best friend invited me," she says fiercely, hooking her arm with mine.

Kly narrows her eyes at the 'best friend's statement and opens her mouth to say something. I realize we're in the middle of the sidewalk and people are staring.

"Okay, new rule! No being mean to each other and none of that 'best friend's stuff. We're friends and we're going to have a great time today. You know why?" I announce.

They look at me and I internally grin, happy I got their attention.

"Because you two are my friends and friends have fun together. So not another word about that," I add when Krycyand opens her mouth to protest.

They nod and I smile, linking arms with both of them as we continue walk through the town, searching for little stores.

"Come on, Krycyand, we have to get moving!"

"Hey! Sorry if my mouth it's dry and I need a bottle of water. I dropped everything on my schedule for you!" She shouts from her spot by the drinks.

I roll my eyes from where I am by the check-in counter and continue flipping through the gossip magazine. Despite the fact that all of it is lies, it's still pretty interesting. Then I see a familiar face staring out at me. Hotshot is on the page of birthdays. Turns out his birthday is June 27, 1997. Great. He was born on the day of my favorite number. Of course. Wait. That's in three days. I need to get him a present! He is my friend, after all.

Mmm-hmm. You just want to talk to him.

Well, excuse me for wanting to be a good friend.

You two aren't friends anymore, remember?

Well then, I'm being courteous. We were friends before.

Yeah, but th-

Kly comes over, dumping a bunch if candy in the counter in front of the bored looking teenager, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Talking to yourself again?"

"What? Pssh, no," I brush off.

She looks at me knowingly and checks her watch.

"Diva! Get going! We have more city to explore!" Kly yells at Krycyand.

I give her a look before heading off to get her. She's flirting with some guy, her hand on his chest and standing way too close to him when it looks like he doesn't even like it. I'll admit, he looks pretty hot, with blonde hair and green eyes, but not as hot as Hotshot.

Quit comparing people to him!

Can't help it.

"Krycyand!" I say loudly.