Chapter 4 | Day 4 | I Would Rather Roll in Gasoline

Video of the Chapter: Victorious-Season 1 Episode 5-Jade Dumps Beck

___

When I wake up. I can barely move, I'm sore all over. The workout last night seemed like such a good idea, now, not so much. I grunt as I get off the bed and wince as my knuckles brush against the bed. They're still raw and have dried blood on them since I fell into bed last night. Slowly, I shuffle to the bathroom, where I take a long, warm shower to soothe the tension in my muscles. When I finish, I wrap a towel around myself and nearly scream when I find out I have a visitor.

"What are you doing here, Adrenor?" I hiss.

He just smirks and roves his eyes over my body. Feeling exposed, I walk into the closet and throw on a baggy shirt and capris. I pat my hair to dry it as I slowly walk out and see Hotshot still sitting there.

"Why are you still here? Get out!"

"We need to talk."

I sit down in front of the vanity mirror and start brushing my hair and braiding it.

"I told you what would happen if you tried to talk to me again. Do you want to die? Plus, you've said that three times in the past three days and what has happened? No discussion has been made. I'm stating facts that you're a jerk and you listen because it's the truth. Why else would we need to talk?"

"I-"

"I don't like you. I've made that as obvious as possible."

"You did before."

"When?"

"The second day we met. When you came up with that ridiculous nickname."

"At least it's better than Baby Doll."

"Debatable. Just remember, you've been civil to me before."

"Why would I want to remember such bad times and a lack of good judgement on my part?"

"If Krycyand and I do start going out, she'll want her best friend and boyfriend to be nice to each other."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm not stupid. I see the way she looks at me."

"And you still parade those girls around her, knowing that you're breaking her heart?" I ask incredulously.

He just smirks in response. I grab the closest thing next to me, a brush and fling it at him. He dodges it, unsurprisingly, considering I have sucky aim.

"Wow, no need to resort to violence. We're supposed to be civil to each other, remember?"

"Shut up. How did you get in here anyways?" I growl.

"Well, the receptionist is very easy to persuade, if you know what I mean," he winks.

I pretend to gag. I swear, his ability to make me angry in a second is astonishing. Clenching my fists, I momentarily forget what happened last night and I hiss in pain when it registers.

"What's wrong?" He asks, suddenly worried.

"Nothing," I croak out through the pain.

"Doesn't seem like nothing."

"Can you stay out of my business for one second?" I snap, the pain subsiding.

"I would if it wasn't so interesting."

"Glad to know you find me interesting. Am I just your toy? You use me for entertainment?"

"That's not what I meant."