Chapter 10 | Day 11 | Just Nothing Illegal

Video of the Chapter: A Compilation of Funny Clips from the TV Show 'Friends'

___

I wake up the next morning with a happier mood than yesterday. Everything seems to be falling somewhat into place. Mom found something that keeps her happy and pays well and...that's it. Oh. I haven't seen Krycyand or Kylanerr since yesterday morning, and apparently, Krycyand's mad at me. Ok. Not everything. Sliding out of bed, I move to the restroom, where I get ready for the day, pulling my hair back into its usual French braid. I'm about to leave the room when a splash of color catches my eye. Mom's paints are all over the floor and she's wide awake, painting a landscape.

"Mom?" I ask, causing her to turn around.

"Morning, sweetie!" She greets happily before turning back around to continue painting.

"Do you want something to eat? I can bring up breakfast."

"No, sweetie, it's fine. I'll go down with Lxansyer and Vakeny when they wake up. Today, take the day to yourself. You've been working too hard, what with the ice cream shop, then being Adrenor's assistant. Do whatever you want today! Hang out with Winnakly and Krycyand or go to the pool! Whatever! Just nothing illegal," she replies without turning around.

Smiling to myself, I leave the room with everything I need in my messenger bag. I plan on taking advantage of this work-free summer before leaving for college. Humming to myself, I take the elevator downstairs to the free buffet. When the doors open, I see with the last person I want to see right now. Adrenor. Luckily, he hasn't seen me because he's talking to some girl, so I'm in the clear. Keeping my head ducked, I rush past them and over to the food.

As I eat, I read "Angel Burn" by L.A. Weatherly. I'l admit, I wasn't exactly thrilled to read about angels and stuff because I'm more of a romance type of girl, but it said romance trilogy on the summary, so I got it. And it was probably one of the best decisions of my life. It took me less than a day to finish it. I skipped homeowrk for it, which I only do for books that are amazing. I'm pulled out of my thoughts as the chair across from me is scraped out of it's seat from under the table. Tearing my eyes away from the book with great reluctance, I glance up and see Winnakly sitting in the chair and Treynakly behind her. Winnakly gives me a small smile and I smile back. I can't blame them for being cautious. I may have overreacted, but I seriously don't need anyone to fight my battles for me.

"Hey, guys!" I greet to show them I won't bite off their heads.

"Hey," Winnakly responds, relieved.

"What are you two doing here?"

"Well, we're going to this place out of town, it's like a jungle gym, except for adults. It's a great way to show off my muscles to the ladies," Treynakly adds, flexing his muscles playfully in his workout tank top.

"What muscles?" I tease, winking. "I'd love to go, though. I have the entire day to myself. Let me go upstairs and grab my clothes."

They follow me to the elevator, where Adrenor is waiting with the girl he was talking to. Treynakly tenses visibly and Winnakly's fists clench. Keeping my head down, I stare at the button, willing the elevator to arrive.

Risking one glance at Adrenor, I see him staring at me and he lifts an eyebrow when he catches my glance. Blushing, I push my glasses up my nose and feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Adrenor," Winnakly finally greets coldly.

"Hi, Winnakly," he responds.

I hear Treynakly growl next to me and I put a hand on his to calm him down. Adrenor's eyes narrow at this and he meets my look with one of his. Is that hurt in his eyes? It disappears right when the elevator opens and I see the dilemma we have as the people step out. We can't stay in the same elevator, but Winnakly steps in, already making the decision. Now it's up to Adrenor over whether or not he'll come in. Refusing to back down, he steps in with the girl after I do. Testosterone. Rolling my eyes, I scoot to the corner, next to Treynakly.