Chapter 2 | Day 2 | Anything You Say is Stupid

Song of the Chapter: Just When I Needed You Most by Randy VanWarmer

___

I wake up at seven and no one else is up. Going downstairs, I decide to take advantage of the free breakfast and bring some up to the room. Piling two plates with food, one containing eggs, bacon, and hash browns and the other holding pancakes, toast, waffles, and bagels, I precariously balance them on my hands, trying not to spill anything, which is extremely hard and requires all my concentration.

"Need help?" A voice scares me and I nearly drop everything.

"Sorry, here let me grab one," the person says and grabs one plate.

I turn around to thank them and see that guy, whose name I don't care to remember.

"Nope, I can get it," I refuse, even though I know I'll probably drop it without help. I don't need him thinking that I'm some little girl who can't do anything so he can charm his way into my pants.

"Seriously, I want to help. I feel bad for yesterday."

"What's to feel bad for? You didn't do anything to me."

"Well, I-"

"I, nothing. You didn't do anything, thus causing this apology to be useless. It's better if we try to avoid each other. Better yet, we can stop talking. That's a great plan, you can thank me for thinking of it," I snap, taking the plate back.

I would've like to have left then, but I didn't push the button for the elevator, so I'm stuck there, waiting awkwardly while he just stands there. When it finally does arrive though, Krycyand is in the elevator, making the best situation even greater.

"Krycyand!" I say in surprise.

"Zyliena and Adrenor?"

"That's his name?"

"How did you not know?" He asks, incredulous.

"I didn't care. I didn't want to go through the process of finding out the name of someone annoying," I shrug.

Krycyand bursts out laughing and I chuckle along, happy that she's actually acknowledging something I said.

"I'm sorry, Krycyand. I was just stressed and I said things I didn't mean."

She stops laughing and looks at me.

"Of course I forgive you. I understand why you said what you did. Sorry I kept dragging you around. I was just excited to have my best friend back."

I smile and I try to hug her as best as I can with my full hands. We step into the elevator, Adrenor behind us.

"So how do you two know each other?" I ask.

"Okay, since you didn't watch the show,  I'll let it slide, but we're co-stars," Krycyand explains.

That makes so much more sense. His arrogant attitude, the fact that he knew about Krycyand, and the way Krycyand looked when she saw him with another girl. Seems like someone has a crush.

"Co-stars? Nothing more?" I hint.

"No, he's a jerk."

"Wow, way to talk me up to your friend."

"I speak the truth."

"Anything you say is a lie."

"And anything you say is stupid."

The elevator stops, cutting off whatever he was going to say. Apparently we all have rooms on the same floor, which is longer than three football fields. With at least fifty yards between. Krycyand follows me to my room while Adrenor wanders off to his own room.