Chapter 21 | Day 41-42 | All The Buyers Have Mansions

Song Of the Chapter: Today by Brad Paisley

___

My vision is blurry but one blink clears it all up.

"Zyliena? Oh thank goodness."

I try to sit up but am pushed back down.

"Baby Doll?" I hear feet shuffling and a sliding before my hand is gripped and a kiss is placed on my lips.

"Where am I?"

"The hospital. Do you remember what happened?"

"The roller rink. Um, I had a headache. Can I sit up?"

"Yeah, hold on."

My bed is elevated and my back is supported to help me sit up. Rubbing my the sleep out of my eyes carefully to avoid ripping out the IV drip or the pulse monitor, I look around. The twins are smiling at me from the door of my bed and Hotshot is kneeling on the floor next to me.

Someone enters the room and I see a lab coat.

"How're you feeling?"

"Umm, good, I guess. I'm back here, but you can't help it, right?"

"You're oddly optimistic," Hotshot interjects.

"It's not optimistic, it's just, I'm sick of it but I can't do anything. I've accepted it."

"Well we checked everything out and there's nothing wrong, this isn't uncommon, so you'll be fine. Getting a craniotomy can have headache symptoms, but this should be the only one. You shouldn't have anymore. The tumor's not back and you can get back on your feet whenever you're ready. You're free to go whenever you want, just check in with the front desk."

I thank him and he leaves after unhooking the machines attached to me.

"Okay, let's go," I say, hopping off the bed.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Just a second. Draylyn, can we have the room?" Hotshot asks.

"Of course," she says before leaving with the twins.

"Am I in trouble?" I joke.

"It's not funny, Zyliena. You should've told me your weren't feeling good instead of exerting yourself!"

"I was fine!" I protest.

"You could've died! What if you had hit your head? Where would we be?"

"I'm not a child! I can take care of myself!"

"I know that! It's just that..."

"What? That what?"

"You don't trust anyone!"

"I trust you!"

"Really?"

"Are we seriously having this conversation? I've shown you that I trust you, why can't you do the same for me?"

He looks at me with a troubled expression.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing, nothing. I'm sorry I overreacted, I was just being paranoid."

He kisses me before helping me get down from the bed.

And that's how I spend my morning.

...

Hotshot spends the day with me while Mon and the twins go to some water park downtown.

We walk along the pier after grabbing lunch from one of the many burger restaurants lining the shore.