Chapter 5 | Day 4 & 5 | No Need to Resort to Violence

Song of the Chapter: Happy by Pharrell Williams

___

I choke on air and start coughing.

"What?" I rasp out.

"I need you to be my girlfriend."

"You're kidding, right?"

"No, I need to get the girls here jealous enough to fall into bed with me," he shrugs.

"So in other words, you're using me to hook up with some random girl."

He looks at me, completely unashamed about that fact. I look at him suspiciously.

"What's the catch?"

"There's no catch. You just have to pretend to be my girlfriend. Like just holding hands and that cheesy stuff in movies."

"For how long?"

I can't believe I'm actually entertaining this idea.

"Just until I get a girl."

"What do I get?"

"The happiness of helping out me of your dear friends?"

"One, you're not my friend, nor will you ever be. Two, if I'm going to do this you have to...take me to the bookstore and buy whatever I want."

"Okay," he responds quickly.

"Why'd you agree so quickly?" I ask, mentally looking for any loopholes.

"It won't really matter to me. Plus I need to get laid. It's been too long."

"It's been a whole day!"

He just shrugs and climbs onto the cabana. Because he was underwater, I hadn't realized that he was shirtless until he came out. I could easily see the defined muscles in his shoulders and the toned six pack on his stomach. I didn't like him, but I do appreciate fine specimen when I see it. I am, after all, a woman of science. And he was hot. Scorching hot.

"Like what you see?" He asks, catching me staring.

"In your dreams, Hotshot."

"You are in my dreams. And you wanna know what you do?" He asks, leaning in.

"I don't wanna hear it!" I exclaim, covering my ears.

"Shh!" Vakeny hushes, still engrossed with Victorious.

They're at the part where Trina is performing her one-woman show and Lxansyer is cracking up.

"Victorious?" He asks, lifting an eyebrow.

"Shut up."

"Is that any way to treat your boyfriend?"

"Shut up."

"Okay. All you have to do is just hold my hand as we get some drinks and act happily in love. We just have to show off our 'puppy love' in front of people."

Rolling my eyes, I step back into the water, I make sure that Vakeny an Lxansyer are safe before I follow Hotshot. He gets out of the pool first and I take a second to admire his body as he shakes the water out of his hair. Then he reaches an arm out to me and I grab it, letting him hoist me out of the pool. Pretending like those other girls, I hook my arm around his and walk as close to him as possible.

"Wow, if you wanted to get this close to me, all you had to do was ask," he says arrogantly.

"Yeah, I'm just acting the part. I'm only doing this for the books. I couldn't care less whether or not you score," I whisper in his ear.