Chapter 17 | Day 32-35 | Are You Ignoring Me?

Song of the Chapter: Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood
___

"Kylanerr is cheating on you. With Krycyand."

I stare at him.

No. No no no no. This isn't happening. Not again. I can't take it.

No.

Yes. It is happening. Even your safety net left you. For your best friend.

No! It didn't happen! He's lying! It's not true!

"Baby Doll?" He asks, waving a hand in front of my face.

"No! It's not true!"

"I'm sorry, Baby Doll. I saw them," he says sympathetically.

"How do you know?"

"I went to the hotel to grab something and went to Krycyand's room to ask if she wanted to come visit you. Her door was open and I walked in on them together," he explains softly.

"She wouldn't do that to me. She's one of my best friends."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop saying that!"

He opens his mouth then closes it.

"Maybe you're lying. Maybe you want to break us up. I don't even know if you actually saw them. For all I know, this could be some devious, terrible ploy. Yeah. That's what's going on."

"Baby-"

"No! Don't call me that! I don't need your excuses! Stop lying! I figured it out! Now get out!

"Baby-"

"Get out!" I scream, pointing a shaking hand to the door.

His shoulders slump and he walks out of the room just as a nurse comes to check out the commotion.

"Everything okay here, dear?"

"Yes, everything's fine," I lie.

She lifts an eyebrow disbelievingly and I smile sheepishly.

"Have you made up your mind yet?" She asks, changing the subject.

Not a very good alternative.

"Yes," I evade.

She continues staring at me and I stare back.

"And?" she prompts.

"And what?" I play dumb.

"Will you do it?"

Looking down, I mumble something resembling a no. I practically feel the excitement leave her body despite the fact that I'm not looking at her.

"That's alright."

Liar.

"We'll keep the preparations just in case you change your mind. When the doctor discharges you, we'll take it away," she says hopefully.

I nod and she checks my vitals before leaving the room with a smile. Flopping back onto the bed, I stare at the ceiling and think about what just happened.

He didn't really cheat on me, did he?

Of course he did! Who would like someone like you? Hotshot was obviously telling the truth and you just pushed him away.

I deflate. What if the voice in my head was right?

Of course I'm right! I always am. I told you that no one wants you and look: your boyfriend cheated on you.