Chapter 3

-NEXT MORNING-

I was woken up by my brother's loud snoring. How those boys sleep with that chainsaw in the room will probably always remain a mystery to me. I waited with opening my eyes, hoping to catch some more sleep, but Ron just kept snoring and I let out a small groan as I opened my eyes. I was laying against something warm, something that felt safe. But since I'm the biggest coward that has ever lived, I shot right up, before scowling at myself in my head. I looked to my left and saw a wide awake Seamus, giving me a 'what the hell?!' look. "Sorry..." I whispered, laying down again. "S'alright." he said in a funny morning voice, causing me to giggle a bit. "What is it?" Seamus asked. "You have a funny morning voice." I whispered. He slightly blushed, but enough for me to see. "Are you blushing?" I whispered teasingly. "No..." he whispered back, slightly embarrassed. "Yes, you are." He then sneaked his arm around my waist and tightened his grip slightly. I felt my cheeks go red. "Who's blushing now?" he teased. "Tease." I stated. He let out a low chuckle. "What time is it?" I asked him, still whispering. Seamus shot a quick glance to Dean's muggle watch. "Six thirty." he simply replied. "I  should really go then, otherwise the girls will get ideas." I whispered, slowly taking his arm of my waist. "But I'll be cold..." Seamus moaned. "I'm sure you can manage one and a half hours without me." I told him. He stubbornly shook his head. "Seamus, you've managed the entire holidays without me. I'll see you at breakfast." With that, I stood up and softly opened and closed the door to the dorm.

I descended down the stairs and stepped into the empty common room. My eyes wandered through the scarlet and golden room as I slowly walked towards my favourite seat, the window sill. The room hadn't changed a bit, but all of us did. I remember my first year, running into the common room Percy had told me so much about. Now, I would see new first years walk into the tower with the same wonder in their eyes as I had. Those young Gryffindors who wanted to make their house proud. I smiled as I stared at the fire place. The fire had died out ages ago and as much as I hate to admit it, I was quite cold. I pulled my knees up to my chest and looked outside. The stars and the moon were still clear, but the first peeks of sunlight was fading them ever so slightly. I allowed my mind to wander of the Forbidden Forest. I sneaked there last year and got into some trouble, but Firenze, one of the centaurs, agreed to help me. He had taken me to his herd and by some miracle, I befriended them. They said they liked me because I treated them like normal beings, not like halfbloods, as the Ministry does. I had told Hagrid about it and he had congratulated me.

By now, the sun had begun to rise, making the sky orange with purple and pink streaks. The dark night sky still stood its ground, but couldn't fight the sun's rays. As I stared into the darkness of the forest, I could have sworn I saw Capri, a centaur, waving at Gryffindor Tower. I waved back, although he probably didn't see me. I played with my hair for a while before I shot a glance at the clock above the fireplace. It was 7 o'clock by now. I should probably get dressed if I don't want to be late for breakfast. I got up from my comfy seat and walked up the stairs to the girls' dorm. I made sure to open it really slow, so it wouldn't creak that much. But as I entered the room, I was met with Hermione's brown eyes, the ghost of a smile upon her lips.

"Hello, Rowen." she said, sitting crossed legged on her bed. "Oh...ehm... Hey Mione. Slept well?" I said, the tips of my ears turning a slight pink. "I slept well, thanks. But what about you? You didn't return last night, how come?" she asked suspiciously, not leaving her bed. "Fell asleep in the common room." I replied. "Hmm, that's strange, because when I checked the common room before I went to sleep, I didn't see you." Hermione retorted. "Where have you really been, Rowen? Sleepover with the boys?" "Alright!" I said, careful not to wake any of the other girls. "Yes, slept in the boys dorm. So what? Not a big deal, if you'd ask me." "You had to share a bed, though." "Yes, so?" "With who?" "Ron." I simply lied. "Rowen, I've known you for about three years now, I can see when you're lying, you'll start fiddling with you sleeves." Mione said. I looked down at my hands, seeing my fingers holding onto the navy blue fabric of my t-shirt. "Fine, I hate you, miss know-all-of-your-habits." I exclaimed. "I shared a bed with Seamus. But nothing happened!" I shouted, a little too hard, causing Lavender, Padma and Parvati to wake up. "You did what?!" Lavender asked. My face turned all kinds of red, and I hid my face in my pyjamas. "I'm going to have a talk with someone..." Hermione said, sending me a smirk. "No, you won't!" I shouted, but Mione had already ran past me into the common room. "Merlin's beard..." I muttered, before running after her. I ran into the common room and spotted Hermione racing up the stairs which led to the boys' dorm. "Hermione Jean Granger! You are a dead woman!" I yelled, earning me some weird stares from first years who were up early. I stormed up the flight of stairs, almost being able to grab Hermione's shirt. But before I could do so, she pushed open the door of the boys dorm. But instead of marching in, she just stood there. "I hate you so much, you know th..." I stopped mid-sentence, seeing Seamus shirtless. "Oh my..."I heard Hermione mutter under her breath. "Row'n, ehm... didn't see ya there." Seamus said awkwardly. My face turned every red possible as I ran with the speed of lightning towards the girls' dorm.

"What happened?" Lav asked. "Are you okay?" Padma asked. I nodded, while tying my tie. Then, Hermione walked in. "Remind me to NEVER do that again." she said. "Don't worry, I will." I replied, grabbing my shoulder bag. "What happened?" Lavender asked again. "Ask Hermione." "Well... after Rowen here ran after me, I ran as fast as I could to the boys' dorm, and when I pushed the door open..." "Well, what?" Parvati asked. I gave Hermione pleading eyes. "I saw that it was Fred and George's dorm." Hermione finished. I looked at her grateful, before leaving the dorm to breakfast. I really need a cup of tea right now.