Chapter 8

-July-

Today was our last day of school. My trunk was already packed and I had Simba's travelling cage ready, but the light brown, blue eyed cat was currently laying on my bed, staring at me as I rummaged through drawers seeing if I had missed anything. The cat meowed softly, clearly asking for attention. "Why don't you go and find Crookshanks?" I asked her. Simba gave me curious eyes. "Ugh, fine!" I shouted, putting down a piece of parchment I had found beneath a pile of towels. I picked up an old quill and started to play with the cat. "Having fun, are we?" Padma said, stepping into the dormitory. "Well, I was trying to find some last minute items I forgot to pack, like quills or parchment, but Simba wouldn't stop meowing and now I'm here, playing with her." I explained as Simba's claws reached for the feather.

"Anyways, I'm here because your brother wants to see you." Padma told me. "Which one?" I asked. "Ugh, you have WAY to many brothers." she complained. "Trust me, I know." "Ron." Padma said. "Well, I can't leave Simba here, otherwise she'll start scratching the door again, just like last month when we were in Hogsmeade." "What about I play with her while you're gone. I wouldn't mind." she suggested. "Thanks Padma. I owe you one." I replied, knowing how annoying Simba can be sometimes.

I left the dormitory and entered the common room, which was filled with students. I made my way through the sea of people, finally reaching my twin. "What did ya need me for?" I asked Ron from behind, scaring the hell out of him. "Bloody hell, Rowen! You could've just tapped my shoulder or something." he complained. "Well where's the fun in that?" I asked him. "Anyways, I wanted to show you something in the Great Hall." "The Great Hall? Ron, it's like five o'clock. There's absolutely no one in the Great Hall." I argued. He sighted and took my hand, pulling me out of the common room towards the Great Hall.

"Now what's so important?" I asked him once we arrived. He led me to the Gryffindor table, on which a broom-shaped parcel lay. "Well, what is it?" I asked him. "Well-" Ron said sheepishly. "Ronald, whose parcel is this?" I asked him in a demanding tone. "Alright, fine, I'll tell you. It's- It's Harry's. But I haven't opened it yet." he quickly added. "So you pulled me all the way to the Great Hall to show me Harry's package?" I asked him, annoyed. "No, I mean, yes, bu-" "Seems like little Rowen is annoyed." a voice behind me said. "What've you done, Ronald? Annoying you poor twinnie again?" an almost identical voice added. "Hi Fred, hi George." I said, spinning around to face my older brothers. "Afternoon, Rowen." they said in unison. "Mind telling us what all the fuss is about?" George asked. "Well, my dearest twin over here forced me to come with him to the Great Hall, just to show me a package, which is addressed to Harry." I gritted. Fred and George sat down opposite of us, in front of the parcel.

"Go on then, open it." Fred said. "What? No! Are you mad?!" I shouted. "Who's mad?" Neville asked, entering the hall with Dean and Seamus. "Those two are making Ron opening Harry's parcel." I shouted, pointing an accusing finger at Fred an George. Slowly, the Great Hall was filling up with people, due to the fact it was nearly supper. "Who's opening what?" Percy shouted. "Merlin's beard..." I muttered. "It's nothing, Perce. Just go back and make sure the first years are all ready to go." Ron shouted. "I will most certainly not!" Percy replied pompously. "Just open the bloody parcel!" George shouted. "FINE!" Ron yelled, ripping open the package. "What are you guys doing?" a female voice asked. "Hey Hermione..." I said, half groaning. "Well, what's inside?" Dean asked. "It-it's a bloody Firebolt, that is!" Ron shouted surprised. "Wait a second..." Hermione muttered, taking out a large greyish blue feather. By now a large crowd had assembled, staring at the opened package. Ron quickly covered it up with the wrapping paper, so no one could see it. "Very smooth, Ron, very smooth." Percy commented in disgust. "Everyone, stand back!" Ron shouted as a couple of ghost galloped past on their horses. "Stand back, I said. Or I'll take it upstairs if you don't settle!" "Very threatening, my twin." I said, giving him a pat on the back. He stared at me pissed off, but I simply ignored him, because at that moment, Harry had walked into the Great Hall.