Chapter 29

"You go first." I told her. "No, you go first." Hermione replied. She nervously glanced around the corner. "I'm not going first, you're going first." I insisted. "Let's go together." she offered. "Sounds like a plan." I mumbled. We both stepped into full sight. Cedric and Krum made their way towards us as Parvati stared at us. Krum bowed to Hermione as Cedric stared at me. I smiled at him. "For the first time I understand the difference between 'pretty' and 'beautiful'." Cedric told me as he bowed his head. "Miss Weasley, miss Granger! You're late!" McGonagall exclaimed. Cedric offered me his hand, which I gladly took. "Apologies, professor." I said, glancing at Fleur. "You look stunning." she told me as McGonagall ushered us into position. "So do you." I answered.

"Sorry I'm late. Parvati needed help with her dress." I told Cedric, nudging to my friend. "It's fine. I mean, look at the beautiful reward I get for my patience." he told me, looking me in the eye. I blushed deeply, glancing at the ground. "Is everyone ready?" McGonagall asked us. "Yes ma'am." Cedric stated. "Very well, then. Open the doors!" she exclaimed. The doors opened and Fleur and her partner walked in first, followed by Krum and Mione, Cedric and I and lastly, Harry and Parvati.

There were students on the side of the aisle, all clapping. I smiled at the mass as Cedric guided me to the dancefloor. He placed his right hand on my waist and took my left hand in his own as I placed my right hand on his shoulder. I was pretty nervous and apparently, it showed. "Forget your troubles and dance." Cedric whispered in my ear. "Bob Marley." I smiled.

The music began to play and he moved us around the dancefloor gracefully and lifted me when he was supposed to. Dumbledore and McGonagall joined the dance, making the audience clap. Soon enough, Karkaroff and professor Sinistra joined too. Cedric moved us around gracefully as Neville and Ginny joined too. "You truly are a great dancer." he whispered. "Guess the entire schools knows that rumour." I smiled. "Guess so." he replied as more and more people joined.

Soon enough, the dance ended and Cedric guided me to the table reserved for champions. Krum came up to me and bowed slightly. "I believe we haven't met befor. Viktor Krum." he introduced himself, kissing my hand. "Rowen Weasley. And I must say, your actions during the World Cup were impressive, mister Krum." I told him. "Please, call me Viktor. And thank you." he said. Cedric pulled out a chair for me and I sat down. "Thanks." I smiled up at him. "Would you like something to drink?" he asked me. "Just some water, thanks." I said. Cedric and Viktor left, as did Harry and Roger, leaving all the girls behind.

"Fleur, I would like you to meet my friends, Parvati and Hermione. Guys, this is Fleur." I introduced them to one another. They shook hands politely. "So, Fleur, what is Beauxbatons like?" Parvati asked. "Well, it is smaller zan Hogwarts, but, and I don't mean to offend you, it iz more elegant." she told us as the boys came back. Cedric handed me a glass of water and I smiled at him kindly.

"So, what's it like, playing Quidditch on international level?" Roger asked Krum. "It is very stressful. Your country depends on you. But it's also very fun. You get to travel ze world." he replied in a thick accent. "And you, Rowen, right?" the Ravenclaw captain continued. I nodded. "I've hear some very impressive stories about a certain notebook?" he questioned. "What about it?" I asked. "Well, as you might know, my exams are coming up and I could use some extra information on Care of Magical Creatures. So, could I borrow your notebook sometimes?" he asked me in a disrespectful tone.

"That notebook contains years of information, given to me by the creatures themselves." I stated, taking a sip from my water. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Can I borrow the damn thing or not?" he ordered. "Hey! Show some respect, man." Cedric warned him. "No, no. I got this." I told my date. "Roger, I fear my notebook is not some bloody library book you can borrow at will. There's only a handful of people who were allowed a mere glance, one of which is sitting at his very table right now. So, no. you cannot borrow 'the damn thing'." I snapped at him.