Chapter 46

"Well if I'm only pretty on a good day, how do I look now?" I inquired, grinning at Seamus. "Will ya le' this go?" he sighed. I shook my head. Seamus got up dusting off his pants. "Where are you going?" Neville asked. "I'm gonna get some food from the trolley lady." he answered. "But am I pretty though?" I laughed. "Yes Row'n. You are the mos' beautiful girl in the world. Happy?" he sighed. I got up and hugged the Irish. "Get me some jelly slugs, will you?" I asked. The brown-haired boy shook his head. "You are the wors' friend ever." he said, walking out. "Love you too, Seamus." I yelled, before sitting down again.

Neville grabbed a book from his bag and started skimming through the pages. His brow knitted together as he soaked in the words. The compartment held a peaceful aura, as if it were frozen in time. Neville reading his book, and me reaching for my notebook. The tattered pages barely held together by the leather binding. Pages filled with more information than all of 'Fantastic beasts and where to find them'.

I glanced out the window, taking a deep breath. The landscape flashed by, forming a blur of greens and blue. That blur I had seen all too often, but could never get enough of.

Neville coughed, bursting the silent bubble. "I'm gonna go to the restroom." he murmured, before leaving the compact space. I was left alone with nothing but the sound of my breath and the moving train. It was maddening. Left alone with nothing but my own thought drove me insane.

Jickett, was he okay?

What would Newt Scamander think of me next year?

Will I pass my OWLs?

What am I going to do with my life after Hogwarts?

WILL I do anything after Hogwarts?

Is Hogwarts going to change?

What will Hogwarts be like without Cedric?

Cedric...

"Are you okay?" a dreamy voice drifted through the compartment. I looked away from the window, focusing my gaze on the figure standing in the doorway. "Are you okay?" the girl repeated. I nodded. "Are you sure? You look like you've been crying." she deducted. I brought my hand up to my cheek, feeling the wetness on them.

"I'm fine. Just...thinking, I suppose..." I mumbled. "I find thinking can pull us away from reality, which might not be the right thing for you to do." she explained, entering the space. She sat down opposite of me, placing her bag and a stack of magazines next to her. "What do you mean, 'for me to do'?" I wondered. "You are Rowen Weasley, right? Cedric Diggory's friend?" she said. "Yes, how did yo-" "Everyone knows who you are." she giggled, fixing the spectacles on top of her head.

She waved away some imaginary beings, grinning dreamily. She brushed her platinum hair away from her face, picking a magazine from the stack. "I'm Luna Lovegood. Would you like a Quibbler?" she said, holding out the publication. I took it from her, smiling gratefully.

"About Cedric, I wouldn't think about him too much. He wouldn't want you to remain in the past when there's so much for you in the future." she stated. I gave her a puzzled look. "At least, that's what the nargles say." Luna added, giggling. "What is a nargle?" I wondered. "Oh, it's all in there!" she exclaimed, pointing at the paper in my hand. "I'll read it later." I told her, setting it aside. Luna nodded.

I noticed a butterbeer cork hanging from her neck. "What a lovely necklace." I remarked. "It's actually a charm. To keep the nargles away." she explained to me. I smiled, looking at the goofy looking girl before me. "You look like you are bothered by a lot of wrackspurts." Luna said, placing her spectacles over her eyes. She nodded, placing them on top of her head once again. The dreamy girl dug through her bag, fishing out a small red-tinted rock hanging from a brown cord.

"I was going to keep this, but I think you need it more than I do. It's a charm to get rid of wrackspurts." Luna said, handing me the necklace. "Luna, that's very kind of you, but I can't take this." I said, trying to give her back the accessory. "Whatever is given, cannot be taken back." Luna refused, closing my hand around the rock. I placed it over my head, stuffing the rock underneath my shirt. "Thank you." I smiled. She picked up her bag and magazines, walking towards the door. The blonde looked at me and smiled.

"Of course. Anything for a friend."