Chapter 4

I walked down the Grand Staircase and walked into the already busy Great Hall. I spotted Colin sulking by  himself. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, sitting down next to him. "My parents are mad at me." he replied. "For what?" I wondered. "My grades are just high enough to pass, but I'm not sure if it'll be enough next year, or the year after." he replied. "Colin, I need you to listen to me very carefully, okay? Last year, my grades weren't the best either, and to make it worse, my little sister disappeared. But Hermione got me up again. Who is the smartest in your year?" "Olivia Kilda, a Ravenclaw." Colin mumbled. "Is she nice?" I asked. He nodded. "Then ask her to help you. I'm sure she'd be more than happy to." I told the second year Gryffindor. He walked off to the Ravenclaw table and I turned around to eat something. McGonagall handed us out time tables. Mine said that Gryffindor had almost every lesson with Slytherin today. I sighted and continued to eat my pancakes when Neville sat down to me. "Hey Rowen." "Hello there Neville, what can I do for you on this day where Gryffindor has almost every lesson with Slytherin?" I asked gloomy. "Well I... wait, what?" I simply showed him my time table. "Merlin..." he muttered, but before I could reply, an over ecstatic Colin Creevey came up to me. "Rowen! Rowen!" "Yes, Colin?" I asked. "She said yes! Olivia agreed to help me!" he shouted. "That's great Colin, but I was speaking with Neville here." I said, trying to sound polite. "Oh...ehm... Sorry Rowen. Sorry Neville." Colin said a little guilty. "It's okay." Neville said, and with that, Colin walked over to his friends. "How are you so good with kids?" Neville asked. "It's a gift really." I replied. "We should probably go, the Divination tower is quite a walk." he said. I nodded and off we were.

-Divination-

As soon as we entered the Divination classroom, the air felt about fifty pounds heavier than outside. I gave Ron a confused stare, but he just shrugged. All of us sat down on pillows and poufes. I sat at a table with Padma just behind Dean and Neville. In front of us were cups of tea. "What are we supposed to do with tea?" a boy from Slytherin asked. "I don't know, what about drinking it?" I snapped at him. All of us reluctantly drank it. A woman with jam jar like glasses walked in. She wore all kinds of necklaces and bracelets. I sighted and leaned back, this was going to be quite a long lesson. "Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination." "If I'd be in this class all day, I would start seeing thing too." Dean whispered. I snickered, but Padma elbowed me. "In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight." the woman walked into a table, causing a couple people to laugh. "Hello, I am professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future!" she said, raising her hands in the air. "This time, we shall be focusing on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves, so please take the cup of the person sitting opposite you." I grabbed Padma's cup, as she took mine. "And you'll see, the truth lies bedded, deep within the sentence of a book, waiting to be read. But first-" professor Trelawney grabbed Seamus' head and shook it. "-you must broad your mind, first, you must look beyond!" She waved her arm towards a window, and the entire class followed her gaze towards, well, nothing. "Yep, she's definitely mental." Dean said. "Agreed." I said. "Hey! Professor Trelawney isn't mental, she's brilliant!" Padma argued. "Sure..." I replied, staring at the cup with tea leaves. "So... what does my cup say?" Padma asked. "I'm not sure yet." I mumbled, looking down at the shapeless goo. "You boy." Trelawney said, pointing at Neville. "Is your grandmother quite well?" "I-I think so..."Neville stuttered. "Oh! I wouldn't be so sure of that. Give the cup." Dean handed the cup to her. Trelawney stared at it for a while, before putting it down again. "Pity..." she said. Dean looked at it before Neville snatched it away, looking for clues. "Broaden your minds." She told the class.

She then stopped at Harry Ron and Hermione's table, wait, Hermione?! "Padma, did you see Hermione come in?" I asked her. "No, why?" she replied. "Because Mione is sitting, right there." I said. Padma followed my gaze. "Maybe we just didn't notice her." she said. I nodded, that was probably it. Then, professor Trelawney let out a loud gasp, causing all of us to stare at her. "Oh dear boy... my dear. You have... the Grim." She told Harry. All of us gasped. "The grin, what's the grin?" Seamus asked. "Not the grin, you idiot, the Grim." I told him. "Taking the form of a giant spectre dog, it's amongst the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen...of death..." William read. "Class dismiss." Trelawney quickly said. All of us left the tower in silence, not sure how to reply to this.