Chapter 51

Days passed without a single interesting thing happening. The Order had regular meetings in the kitchen, none of which 'the kids' were allowed to hear. The only thing we could do was clean up and sit around our rooms. Hermione would try to make up games we could play within the small space, but none of them were entertaining enough. Fred and George tried to cheer us up now that they were legally allowed to use magic outside of school, but even that grew dull after the twentieth time.

I had never experienced a more boring holiday.

A week or so after we moved to Sirius's house, we received news from Dumbledore once more. Harry was in trouble. Again. From what I heard there was something involving a dementor and Harry using magic, but I couldn't be sure. Not with everyone telling 'the kids' not to worry and everything will be alright. What I did know was that Harry had a hearing at the Ministry in a few days, and that he might be expelled. The world really has it out for that boy...

Two days later professor Moody, Tonks and a few others left on a secret mission. No one knew what it was, only that it was important. Hermione, Ginny and I were cooped up in our room, playing yet another game Mione made up. She sat on her bed, a Latin dictionary resting in her lap. "Cornicula." she stated, looking at me and Ginny hopefully. Ginny sighed, rolling onto her back. "Is it an object?" she sighed. Mione shook her head. "Is it a living thing?" I attempted. Mione nodded.

Ginny got up, groaning loudly. "This is the worst holiday ever!" she screamed, punching the doorframe. I sat up, looking at my sister. "Nothing interesting is happening! And if it is, we're not allowed a say!" she added, pacing around the room. "It's for our own safety." Hermione attempted. I sighed, standing up. "We're not allowed to talk to our friends, we can't participate in whatever the Order is doing, all we can do is sit here and guess Latin words from a dictionary!" I exclaimed, gesturing at the book.

Hermione opened her mouth to say something, when we heard the building creak. The others were back from their mission. The three of us stormed out of the dusty room, into the hall. Fred, George and Ron were standing at the top of the stairs, peeking down. "What's going on?" I whispered, trying to get a closer look of the downstairs hall. "Don't know. But mum's making a fuss, I can hear that." Fred remarked, pointing in the general direction of the kitchen. We were interrupted by someone climbing up the stairs.

I dragged Ginny into Fred and George's room, the twins following close behind. Ron grabbed Hermione, pushing her into his room and closing the door. George shut the door too, gesturing for us to act normal in case it was mum or dad.

And we waited.

And waited.

After a few moments, we heard Hermione shrieking in glee and Ron greeting someone. Somewhere in their conversation we heard the name 'Harry'. It was just Harry... Before I could say anything, Fred and George apparated, probably to Ron's bedroom. "Show offs." Ginny muttered. I hummed in agreement, opening the door and walking towards the chatter.

"Hello Harry." I stated, entering the room. "Rowen, Ginny. It's good to see you again!" Harry greeted. "How have you been? From the scraps of news we overheard, you got tangled up with some dementors." I said, sitting down next to Fred. "It's a long story..." he mumbled. "They can't expel you. It was self-defence." Ginny assured him. The raven-haired boy just nodded. "If you are all done with this depressing chitchat..." George interrupted. "How about we go listen to something a little more interesting?" Fred finished, glancing at the staircase.

George grabbed an extendable ear from his room as we all moved to the stairs. I stood next to Ron. I stared anxiously as Fred lowered one ear to the floor, holding the other in his hand. "...if anyone has a right to know, it's Harry. If it wasn't for Harry, we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back. He's not a child, Molly." Sirius's voice sounded through the ear. I shivered at the mention of You-Know-Who.