Chapter 4

My alarm blares in the room at eight am. I am so glad school doesn't start till nine thirty here. I get up and start to do my make up a bit. I go for just a little mascara and foundation and a nude lipstick. My outfit consists of a simple two piece pink jumper outfit and my white sneakers. I didn't want to go all out; it was the first day I had nothing to prove. I leave my hair down and curly for now to cover the awful stitches and blood on my forehead.

I grab my backpack and keys and head downstairs for breakfast

"babygirl es la primera día . ¿por qué no se visten," my abuela says from behind me. (It's the first day babygirl why didn't you dress up?)

"No necessito abuela," I say while eating my fruit salad. (I don't need to.)

"Whatever you look pretty either way," she says. As I'm sitting I decide to grab my big denim jacket; it used to be my moms when she was young and fun. I put it on over my outfit. It's quite big on me. My mom says it was the only thing my dad left her when he disappeared. She hated the jacket so she tossed it out and I went out late at night and got it from the garbage and kept it all this time.

"Adios abuela," I say and walk out the front door. "Odio la escuela," I say to myself (I hate school). The school isn't far from my house so I walked there and I didn't want to have to fight to find a parking spot, because I haven't got my parking pass yet. When I walk up to the front of the school I pull out my ID. Abuela says that during the first month they scan everyone's ID before they go in so no random kids try to sneak, because it has happened before.

The lady takes my student ID and scans it and I am granted access into the castle that is my school. Of course it's a private school my mother would not allow me to attend any other school in New York, so when she sent me away she had her wonderful husband pull son strings and get me in. I'm not ungrateful for being allowed in here, but I would have been just as happy in a public school. I'm taking a walk through the courtyard when I hear someone shout my name. I turn around and I am so happy to see a familiar face; it's Jada.

"Hey chica," she says.

"Hey what's up," I say.

"I just got here Louis dropped me off," she says.

"Yeah I walked here. I live like three blocks from school," I say.

"Oh that's cool. I love your outfit by the way," she says.

"Thanks you look nice too," I say. She is wearing a one piece grey jump suit that is tight on her body. For shoes she is wearing the grey yeezys.

"Yes I love your Pumas too by the way," she says. "What class do you have first?"

"English," I say. "I have to go to the McCullen building and it's room 107." Did I mention that every subject has its own building? All the sciences are in one building, maths in another, and so on and so forth. This place is like a college.