Chapter 15

I had started applying to some colleges today. I'm not sure where I want to go, but I thought I would look into it. Columbia and NYU sent me a few things. I also got letters from a few schools in California, but I'm just overwhelmed at the moment.

I close my laptop and decide to get up. I need to be active for once. I get out of bed and take a shower, then get myself ready for a nice walk of the city. I put on a pair of nude colored pants a tight long sleeve shirt that matches them. I add my all white huaraches since I will be walking. I put on my dads denim jacket and let my curls fall loosely down my back and I am ready.

"Abuela I'll be back," I say when I get downstairs

"Hasta luego, bonita," she says. I walk out the front door and head down the street. The weather is perfect outside. Not too cold. Not too hot. I plug my head phones into my ears and walk down the busy city street.

When I get to the heart the city I start going into different stores and shopping. I buy a few new outfits and I buy two new pairs of boots and the new Jordan's. I waited in line for hours for the Jordan's, but I had to have them.

After I had finished shopping I realized I had a ton of shit to be walking around the city carrying

After I had finished shopping I realized I had a ton of shit to be walking around the city carrying. I decide to sit in the food court at the mall while I figure out how I am going to get home. I walk pass the different stores to the food court. As I'm passing banana republic a familiar long legged individual comes into view. Harry stands there flipping through the racks. I stare at him for moment and watch his eyebrows furrow as he flips through the clothes. He lifts his head and looks at me and I quickly turn away. I pick up my pace so he doesn't see me.

"Evie," he calls my name. I stop moving and turn to face him.

"Hi Harry," I say to him. He leans over and grabs my bags.

"Where you headed," he asks.

"I'm ready to get home but I have so many things and the walk is so far-"

"I'll take you," Harry says.

"No Harry I don't-"