Chapter 9

"Welcome Patsy's diner, I'm Penelope and I will your server for tonight. Can you start you all off with some drinks,"I ask. I just started working at the diner I applied to a few blocks from my house.

"Yeah can I get a tall glass of you," a boy says. He can't be any older than fifteen.

"Come talk to me in a few years," I tell him with a wink and he blushes. I take the rest of there drink orders and go make the drinks behind the counter. The door opens and in comes Jada.

"What are you doing here," I ask her. She sits at the bar and orders a beer. She flashes the bartender her fake with a smile and the pushing out her chest. He smirks at her and hands her a beer.

"You not happy to see me," she asks rhetorically.

"of course not," I say. "Give me five minutes." I walk back over to the table and take their food orders. I give the orders to the chef and then check on my previous tables. After I refill their drinks and bring a few checks I have time to talk to jada.

"So we are all going to the underground tonight to watch Harry fight," she says.

"And..."

"And when does your shift end-"

"I'm not going," I say.

"Oh come on stop being so annoying and go," she says.

" oh I'm the one who is being annoying," I ask.

"Just go I know you're upset about the hickey and hot make out session, but on the bright side at least the hickey is going away," she says and I roll my eyes.

"No it isn't I put make up over it. It even still hurts a bit," I say. " I wear my hair to cover it. If my abuela saw it she would kill me."

"I believe it," she says. I leave her again to take my last table their meal and refill their drinks. When I return she is still there waiting.

"I get off in thirty minutes but we are going to have to stop by my place before we go to whatever this fight thing is," I say.

"Yay," she says. "I'll wait for you to get off and we can drive my car back. "

"Yeah I didn't drive,"I say.

"I know. You never drive," she says.

"I drive us everywhere. I just don't drive to work and school because they are within walking distance. Also I'm not lazy like you," I say.

"What can I say, I've been chauffeured around since I was five. I have become accustomed to this lifestyle," she says.

"Brat," I responded.

"Bitch," she says. I laugh at her response then go and finish up my tables. I collect my tips and clear my tables. After I put my apron up I grab my purse from my locker in the back office and head out.

"Took you long enough," she says. "Come on his fight starts at ten it's already nine."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~