The Bet

Sigh, "Cheeto, I appreciate you playing with the kids but I really wish you wouldn't excite them too much. You get them all wound up and it's really hard getting them to focus on their activities." Claudia walked out of an office struggling to carry rolls of project papers and other craft supplies trying to navigate her way through a river of children agitated by speedboat Cheeto.

"Aye, calm down girl you going to pop that big'O vein in your head. Ha-ha." Cheeto replied with the kids around him hollering, laughing and mimicking his comment.

"She's gonna pop a vein, pop a plane, poop a brain." They shouted.

"See!" said Claudia.

"It's all fun and games to you but you leave as soon as it's not fun anymore," Claudia continued.
"Well I wouldn't leave if you didn't do all that boring stuff. Let them play, let them run and be stupid." Said Cheeto.

"Hey we are not stupid, you stupid." Said one of the kids.

"Ha-ha. He said you stupid!" said one kid to another.

"You stupid!" replied the kid shoving another.

"No you stupid," continued the kids.

"Stupid stupid" yelled the kids to one another to the delight of Cheeto and the dismay of Claudia.

"You are the only stupid one here," said Claudia her voice easily rising over the chaos.

"Uhhh!!!" echoed the kids sensing the brutality of the burn Claudia just handed down on Cheeto.

"Daaaamn!" said a hurt Cheeto.

"That was harsh, and in front of my friend too. Modales," Cheeto said.

"Your manners! You haven't even introduced me," David who had impatiently been observing until now shoved Cheetos shoulder to enter conversation.

"Ahh man you gonna bust me too?" Said Cheeto as his face souring.

"Ha, I like your friend already," said Claudia.

"Psh, this suck" Cheeto pouted.

"Aye, lla lla don't get all butt hurt now," Claudia fiddled with Cheetos hair as she talked to him like a baby.

"Mirala, see how mean you are," said Cheeto shying away from her with a new found smile.

"Anyways girl check it out, this is my homeboy, D-bag."

"Este guey!" David rolled his eyes and shook his head at his official introduction from Cheeto.

"I know what that means, it's jackass. Cheeto is a jackass!" said one of the kids and now Claudia scowled at David.

"Sorry. It's what some kids called me back when I meet Charlie," replied David.

"Charlie? Who is Charlie? Cheeto! Hahaha, it's been forever since I heard anybody call him that. I totally forgot," Claudia repeated Cheetos name while poking him in the belly as she laughed.

"LLa, lla. Don't call me that. It's not a good look for me," Cheeto tried to protect his gut and pride as he backed away, noticeably uncomfortable.

"But D-bag is a good look for me?" replied David.

"Ok you kids. Why D-bag?" intervened Claudia amused by their exchange.

"I used to carry my lunch in a plastic bag and some of the kids got to calling me that. And this one won't let it die."

"Cheeto," Claudia stared disappointed at the background of the name.

"David is a Navy guy," boasted Cheeto, with a sense of pride in his tone.