The Trouble with Liz

At the same time Liz was out with some of the neighborhood teens. She wore the typical skinny jeans with laced up tennis shoes and a fading hoodie. Her jeans had red flowers up the side and her hoodie was black and plain. The other girl's also wore the same type of style but their clothes were much nicer and flared. Most of the teens were around 14 to 18 years old. They were all sitting around in about a group of ten smoking. They were loud and full of un-purposed energy.

To an observer looking in, the group looked chaotic even though nothing was being done in particular, but their total sum made it seem like a powder-keg ready to blow in every direction. Some of the youths were on skateboards just tooling around doing simple tricks. The girls were talking about the latest school rumors and who the hottest guys in school were. The rest of the guys teased the girls as a way to instigate interaction with them and excite them, their main goal being to asses which were most receptive to them. The more experienced girls were aware of this and played it up to get the most attention.

Liz not being too experienced or sure if she wanted this type of attention was hesitant and more reserved. This in turned caused more interest in some of the guys to be the first to loosen her up. It also caused distrust from some of the other girls who saw her silence as judgment. But these kids were not a serious threat to Liz. The real threats were the ones who saw her desire to belong as an opportunity to themselves. Those were the ones who saw past her stone face front and saw a vulnerability to exploit.

"Shut up!!! You stupid T.J.! OMG I don't look at him like that! I aint no slut" squealed out one of the girls to one of the guys in regards to a neighborhood kid she obviously had a crush on.

"Why not? He good looking, he got a tight little butt. I bet he knows how to move it real good too. I'd let him get between my thighs any time!" said one of the older girls.

"Damn Jo yous a hoe!" said T.J.

"What? Psh like you don't be talking and eying the girl's asses who too fine for your ugly self. I see how you be looking at my girl Liz butt." Jo said bluntly.

"Yeah I be looking at yo girl. She got a nice form to her walk. She know it too. Waz up baby girl," he said blowing a kiss on Liz's direction. Liz still didn't know how to respond. She still didn't feel comfortable with the spotlight of this group and this type of conversation was not comfortable to her.

"Fool she can do better that yo ugly face!" said Jo. Liz had been spared this time but it wouldn't be the case for ever.

"Uhh! Man she called your face ugly twice, putting you on blast son," teased the rest of the youths.

"You wasn't saying my face was ugly last night when I was pushing you up against the wall. Uh-uh," he teased as he thrusted his hips forward and back with his hands about waist level mimicking intercourse.

"Ohhhh!! Ahhhy my boi!! Ha haa" cheered his boys. Giving each other high fives. The older boys mocking the younger ones for now knowing what they were cheering about.

"I couldn't you was crying the entire time," responded Jo. Her better comeback receiving louder cheers and more ridicule to her target.

"You want a smoke?" asked a voice on Liz's side as joint being shared by the group was passed to her.

"No I can't my grandma will give me shit for it," Liz replied.

"One smoke. She won't know," countered the voice.

"Yeah, she'll smell it on me," Liz replied almost in anguish.

"What the fuck? She'll smell you?" taunted the rest of the group.