Unwelcome Guests

The party was at a great stage of the night. It was around 8 pm now and the Quizeañera had danced her waltz with her court. The mother and uncles and other relatives had given a few words of advice and congratulations. People were eating and dancing and of course drinking. Even Cheeto, Claudia and Sammy and to some extent David were having a good time it was about then that T.J. and some of his guys arrived at the party.

They were considerably drunk and on other things. They were not invited to the party because of their reputation but since word traveled about the party fast and since T.J. was on a mission to welcome the Quizeañera into adulthood he brought along two of his hommies for moral support. They came in with the pleasantries of a flatulent ox and just as smelly. One of the renters saw them coming in and recognized them and knowing the family was not known to keep such company meet them at the entrance.

"Can I help you?"

"Ha-ha yeah we here for the birthday girl. We here to show our respects," said T.J. in a smooth, drawn out manner with his eyelids half open and rubbing his hands together as he spoke and high fiving one of his buddies at the end.

"Uhm, I'm sorry are you on the guest list?" asked the renter knowing there was no actual guest list.

"Guest list!? Check this bitch out talking about a guest list. You know who we are? You want I get Alex here, tell him you don't be showing us no welcome?"

The renter knew at this point better than to get in the way. As the trio made their way in, it was clear they didn't belong. They stud mainly by themselves, as if scoping the scene. They all now had a drink each. T.J. was checking out to see if could find Nicole. The other two were also scoping, trying to find anyone they could get their hands on.

"Hey baby what you doing? I got a drink for you right here," would say one to a girl no older than 14 as she went for a drink.

"Man those pants look tight on you, why don't you come over here so I can take'em off you so you can relax?" said the other to another girl. Each time laughing hysterically and congratulating one another. After a few turns of this people were beginning to notice their presence. At first it was easy to ignore, also to not escalate the trouble. But as they drank more they became more and more aggressive in their cat calling. Eventually one of the young girls ran away crying as one forcefully tried to pull her over to him. Since people knew they were gang affiliated, specifically to the big gang in town nobody wanted to get involved with them so they started to leave.

Cheeto, Claudia and David were sitting and talking when they noticed the trio and started hearing people complain or talk about them.

"Why is there always someone that has ruin it for everyone?' said Claudia.

"Why can't people just get together with friends and family, have a good time and not have to worry about idiots like these?" she continued.

"I'm sorry I can't just sit here, I'm going to say something. It's not right, this family should be able to enjoy themselves."

She was about to get up when Cheeto interrupted her.

"Ah there you go starting drama. These are just the hommies. They don't mean nothing by it. You guys just don't understand us. They my boys, we be kicking it on occasions. I'll go talk to them," he said as he went in her stead.

Claudia didn't know the three guys too well. She'd heard of T.J. and seen him around the center from time to time but she rarely if ever had actually talked to him. He would usually leave as soon as she would be around. She always thought this was peculiar.