Law And Order

The officers didn't get more than a knock in before Hummer opened the door.

"Hello officer is there anything I can do to help you?" asked Hummer. The dog had been instructed many times by Alex on how to properly deal with the police. Nothing was ever left to chance or misinterpretation by Alex or his crew, and he enforced this with extreme force.

"Good afternoon. Are you the owner of the house," asked Officer Garcia seemingly taking the lead in this visit.

"No, the owner of the house is indisposed at the present time. Is there anything I can do to help you?"

"No we just need to speak with the owner so please let him know that we are looking for him," continued Officer Garcia.

"Well, I'm a resident of the house and I said the owner is not available so you can come back at another time or you can ask me what it is that you need. Otherwise, I will let him know of your visit," insisted Hummer.

"Is the home owner in the house? Where is he?" asked Officer Roberts with perpetual annoyance and no patience regardless of the situation.

"I don't know where the home owner is at this particular time. I do know he is not available to come to the door at this particular moment. But you are more than welcome to wait for him," said Hummer confidently.

"That doesn't answer my question. Is the owner of the house in the house or not?" asked Officer Roberts again.

"As I said earlier, I do not know his present location," stood steady Hummer on his response.

"If you do not tell us where he is, we can charge you with interference of an ongoing investigation," pressed Officer Roberts not satisfied with the answers being offered by Hummer.

"I'm not aware of any open investigation on the owner at this time. Would you care to elaborate on the nature of the investigation so that I may be aware of the premise of your visit?" asked the dog politely of the two officer, careful of his wording.

"Listen can you please check to see if the home owner is on the premises?" asked Officer Garcia clearly playing the good cop in this situation.

"No. I don't think I can without further information as to the case or reason of your visit," further offered the savvy dog.

"When do expect the home owner to be available?" asked Officer Garcia realizing they would not be able to extract any free information from the dog.

"Hmm I really can't say," replied the dog.

"Then you don't mind if we wait inside do you?" asked Officer Roberts as he tried to put his head on the door.

"I'm sorry. I'm afraid I can't let you come in, but you are more than welcome to wait outside on the curb," replied Hummer.

"You seem kind of edgy in there. Is there something going on that you don't want us to see? Maybe some puff puff that you don't want to be caught with?" continued Officer Roberts attempting to break the dogs guard and guilt him to the Officers will.

"I am not at all on edge and without a warrant, anything going on in this house is out of your jurisdiction," continued to argue Hummer frustrating Officer Roberts more and more.

"Your behavior and lack of cooperation is making me uneasy, and is bordering on probable cause which would allow me to initiate a search of the premises," tried to reason Officer Roberts using the weight of the badge to dispel any impediments to his demands.