Back to Reality

Clyde took David back to his neighborhood where it was clear people where at David's house. Clyde let him off a few blocks off and David walked home after each said goodbye and wished each other luck. There was a group of people standing in the front door that included Claudia, Cheeto, Grams, some of the party guest and an annoyed Liz. David could hear their agitated voices in the distance. Cheeto was the first one to see David.

"Ahi esta, ahi esta!" (There he is, there he is!) he shouted followed by the commotion of everyone rushing towards him, Grams and Claudia leading the way.

"Ay dios mio! Mijo que te paso?" (Oh my god! Son what happened to you?) Asked a distraught Grams looking over his wounds.

"Oh my God what happened to you? Who did this to you? Where were you all this time? We were worried sick!" followed Claudia.

It had been about two hours since David left the party. When Claudia did not hear from him and word had gotten out of a shooting taking place in the river bed. She contacted Cheeto and everyone they knew to search for him.

"We've been looking for you forever. We called the police and they are out looking for you too. We just got back to be with your grandma and wait for the police to come," said Claudia not letting David answer her questions.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," said David pushing everyone back to get some air.

"Ya dejenlo no le agan bola," (Leave him alone don't crowd him) said Cheeto.

"Who did this to you? Was it that low-life T.J? I'm calling the cops to let them know we found you and to have them arrest that punk and all of his accomplices!" Claudia said indignant.

"It wasn't them," tried to say David still not able to get in a word.

Everyone was still too excited to listen to him. Grams kept looking and poking his wounds as she pushed him to the house. He relented because he was hurting and was too tired to argue. Officer Garcia and officer Roberts arrived a few minutes later.

"Nice of you to show up," said Officer Roberts as they came in.

"Look at what those guys ended up doing to him because you didn't do your job!" said Claudia upset.

"Hello Claudia. David, you had us all worried, specially your friends and family here. Let's take a look at you," said Officer Garcia.

"We went looking for T.J. at his last know place of residence and he wasn't there. Tried to get information from his brother and relatives there and big surprise they don't know where he is. Nobody is talking and so we are stuck just like earlier in the night. If you people don't talk to us we can't help you," said Officer Roberts.

"David do you know who attacked you?" asked Officer Garcia of David for what seemed the dozen time.

"No," answered David.

Officer Roberts rolled his eyes.

"Yes you do! Tell them David, tell them it was T.J.!" demanded Claudia.

"It wasn't T.J. These guys were much bigger and more skilled. They knew what they were doing and had hoods on. I couldn't see their faces. I'm sorry." He stated.

"What do you mean they were skilled?" asked Officer Garcia.

"They knew how to fight and use their weapons.."

"Weapons?!" Ai dios mio," said Grams as she crossed herself.

"Did they use them on you?" the officer was asked.