WAR DOGS

As David walked, he noticed a car that seemed out of place. Its lights were on but it wasn't moving. Initially he didn't pay much attention to it since there were many cars like this from time to time on the street. As he got closer, he noticed there was nobody around the car and that it wasn't parked, it was just cruising very slowly. Soon David realized the intentions of it, and he had to figure out a way to lose it.

David knew the street well. These were his old stomping grounds after all. He cut through the street and the car started to follow him. David knew this was a confrontation he would not be able to avoid. That was another reason he wanted to leave the party earlier, so as to not involve anybody further.

David had to find a secluded location away from the house as well to not involve Liz and grams now. Plus he had to figure out a way to get whomever was inside of the car out. David figured he had the perfect spot for this. He figured the occupant's goal was to scare him by tailing him even though he had spotted them, so he would use this to lure them away from the house.

"He made us man, we should just blast him!" said Q-ball.

"I know he's made us, that's the point. We aren't going to blast him here in the middle of the street and get all sorts of attention, but he doesn't know that," was Alex's response. Besides Alex wanted to see what David would do. David was not the typical gang banger Alex had dealt with before. Ever the true tactician, Alex also didn't want to rush in like T.J. and his boys had done earlier.

David begun to walk faster, less they decided to rush him or do a drive-by that would endanger others. This did not go unnoticed by the men in the car.

"See he spotted us, we need to go now!" said another one of the guys.

"No hold on, let's see what he does," was Alex's reply.

"What is this solder boy up to?" Alex thought to himself.

"He's gonna get away," said someone else.

"Where too? Tell me where he is going to run too? Nigga, we know where he lives, think!" sad Alex.

"Then where is he going?" asked one of the guys once more.

"Bitch that's what I'm trying to see," replied Alex.

"What if he goes to the cops?"

"He won't," said Alex certain of it.

David cut through the houses and made his way to the city over-run river basin, where he jumped over the fence and made his way to the bike trail. The car could not go in through this spot because it was blocked out by a rail but there was another entrance a few blocks away.

"Ha, nice," said Alex.

"You two get out and follow him, but don't do anything until we catch up with you guys," he ordered.

"Got it. We'll try not to kill him before you get there," said the two War Dogs as they exited the car.

"I'm not worried about him," Alex thought to himself as he speed off.

The trail was one part side walk and two parts dirt and overgrown brush, littered with more dirt. The smell of urine, beer and feces permeated certain portions where a lot of the homeless and addicts would seek their communion with nature or find relief at the bottom of a bottle. At this point David saw the two men quickly approach him from the fence so he begun to run.

One of the men drew his gun from his waist and was about to fire when the other stopped him.

"Alex said to wait!"