The Congregation

WARNING - STRONG LANGUAGE. READER DISCRETION ADVISED. 

Later that evening, Alex and Q-ball went out to a meeting with the Don. This was a monthly meeting held by the five Burroughs which Alex and the War Dogs belonged to. Alex and the Dogs were in charge of one of the Burroughs and the other four leaders meet under the Don who had been appointed leader of the five after years of leading one of the Burroughs himself. He acted as a CEO and managed the rest, set goals, provided product to be sold and reported on the profits.

The Don had been around since the forty's and had seen all the changes that the city had gone through. The whole gang was called the Congregation. There was the north side lead by The Thumpers. The South side were The Irons. On the West side The Cruisers and on the East side The Bruisers. The War Dogs were in charge of Central.

Alex and the other leaders were in constant competition for more control and for an expanding territory. Not only within the Congregation but from other gangs that sought to move in on their turf. Alex was the youngest of the leaders but his crew was among the most vicious and constantly provided the highest sale numbers for the Don who sought to expand the Congregation to other cities. But before he could do that, he needed to have more control of the city and the other gangs.

The meetings were held to ensure that product was moving adequately to fund the corporation because if there was no demand, then there were no funds for the master plan. Sales and profits were what the Congregation was all about and sales were good.

"Hey Alex, heard you go some trouble on you block the other night. What up with that?" said Cronk, the Leader of the South side.

"It's nothing I can't handle. Sent a message putting the fool in the hospital. Won't be trouble to anyone for a while," said Alex confidently.

"That's not what we heard. Word is that same fool you put in the hospital just cock blocked one of your pushers out of a basic spot! I mean, how you gonna keep moving goods if you cant even get it in on a simple yard? That shit is basic," continued Cronk.

Alex was not aware of what Cronk was talking about a bout, looking at Q-ball for answers on this matter.

"Oh you didn't know? Did this incident get through the great Alex? That was just two days ago," continued Cronk.

"Yes, it's true. This incident did get past me, and believe me, I will handle it accordingly. What I do know is that you will be below your number, again, and that you are losing us territory with the Black Roosters war," said Alex, alluding to the turf war the police had been pursuing the last couple of weeks.

"You must feeling very comfortable standing where you are? Having us on the edges protecting your ass. You don't got nothing to worry about because we are the ones keeping the walls up for you," said Cronk resentfully.

"You keep putting up them low figures and don't worry, we'll take your turf from you, if that's what you want," said Alex.

"Over my dead body you'll get that zone! The Irons have held that turf since my pops was in charge when he took it over for the Congregation. We wouldn't even have it if it wasn't for us. And believe me, I aint about to hand it over to some Sunday school choir boy whose nuts haven't fallen yet," said Cronk getting in Alex's face.

"I'll show you where I drop my balls if you don't step off son," pushed back Alex.

"Boys relax! Aint nobody taking anybody's turf," said the raspy, labored voice of the Don who had just come in.

The Congregation was meeting in an old warehouse in the lumber yard district.

"Cronk, is it true that your figures are going to be down again this week?" asked the Don.