Epilogue

In the weeks that followed, things were a whirlwind-- but a whirlwind that made things fall into place. Bennie and Mark had discovered a new love of face-attacking. Who knew? Ian was busy printing posters and selling other products with his original design. He was flooded with other business requests from people who liked his work. Maybe Otto would lose him after all.

I hadn't seen Casanova. But his latest piece was a single white lily, music notes swirling around it. When I saw it, I couldn't help but smile. Maybe he'd heard my song.

Williamson was surging ahead in the polls, and the election was only a week away. No one had a doubt he'd win. I also found, from doing a little digging, snooping, and using Otto's connections, that the ADA had left the city and the Casanova case was on hold at this time. Annoyingly, Otto was right. Everyone did know Otto.

And, of course, we signed with Unity. I'd gone in to talk to Dad's doctor before we mentioned the managing idea to Dad. The doctor, surprisingly, agreed with Davey-- if touring was what Dad had known and loved for most of his life, it could prove to be good for him and, for a while, could stall the onset of further deterioration. Dad had wholeheartedly agreed when we asked him.

With a week left before we could move into our new practice space that Unity provided, we headed to the V-Bar to clear out our stuff. To me it was bittersweet, leaving Otto and Ian and the memories at the V-Bar; but Davey's sneezing at the dust in the air told me he just thought it was sweet.

When we finished, Jared dangled the keys from his fingers. "Well." He surveyed the room, which was now only storage. It looked stark and empty. "To new beginnings and all that, right?"

"To more coffee," I grumbled. It was early-- we had finished most of the work the day before and were just picking up the last of our equipment.

"To no more sneezing," Davey sneezed. We closed the door behind us, locked it, and Davey definitely never looked back.

IAN

Claire hung back at the bar after the others left, nursing another cup of coffee. She was weary, but her whole countenance was brighter since the night of the show. She was doing what she was meant to do. Singing to the world. Ian smiled.

"Business going well?" she asked. They'd been on a diet of pure small-talk since the show. He leaned against the bar. He was hesitant to talk to her, after her rejection of Cas. Of him. But as usual, he couldn't help himself.

Ian nodded. "I think I'll be putting in my two weeks here if it keeps up for another month. Or maybe just cutting down my hours." He looked around at the V-Bar. He was fond of the place. But he'd be happy to create things twenty-four seven.

"I'm glad." Claire smiled at him, looking almost shy. Uncharacteristic of her. She wrapped her hand around her to-go cup and shifted, looking like she was getting up.

"Will I see you guys around anymore?" He asked.

She turned her shy smile back to him. "I think you can count on it. It's hard to let this place go." She shrugged. "Or maybe it's just Otto."

Ian grinned back. She was really leaving this time. He straightened and gathered up her empty cups. "Don't be a stranger," he said, and turned to head into the kitchen.

"Actually--" Claire stopped him, and he turned back. She tilted her head. "Would you ever want to get coffee sometime?" She shrugged with a wry smile. "Coffee that you don't have to make."

Ian froze on the spot. He looked up, met her eyes. Those eyes, he could paint forever. His muse. Without the cover of Casanova, who was he to her? Who was she to him, for that matter? To him, Ian Reynolds? That was one thing he definitely wanted to find out.

So he smiled.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! THIS IS THE END, FRIENDS. Love you all, thanks for tagging along on this with me, you guys seriously rock <3 <3 <3 Thanks for your votes and interactions in the comments, it's been fab hanging out with y'all and getting to know ya <3 Don't be strangers ;)

Last song of the Graffiti Casanova Playlist is Now or Never by Progress In Color. Just a reminder there's a link in my bio to the Spotify playlist for your listening pleasure ;)