House of Wolves

"It sucks that we can't spend Christmas together," Gerard mumbles into the back of Frank's neck. They've been laying down for a good hour, Gerard clutching Frank around his waist from behind. Frank shifts at his words, moving back into him and pressing their bodies as close they could possibly get, and rubs this forearms gently.

"I know, but this is also a good opportunity to try and make amends with your parents." Gerard groaned. Frank had been subtly trying to get him to spend more time with his parents, which meant less time with him. It made him upset, but he knew Frank was only trying to help better his life, so he couldn't hold it against him. "I know you don't like it, babe, but this could be good for you," he added after Gerard groan followed by silence. He sighed and nodded his head.

"I'll try," Gerard muttered. "For you."

"Not me, you," Frank corrected. Frank hated when Gerard worded things like that because he wanted Gerard to do these things for himself, not to please Frank.

"Okay," Gerard whimpered, not liking the idea of being in the same room as his parents for longer than ten minutes. His entire family was going to be coming around and he couldn't get out of it, especially since Frank was traveling to Ohio to see some relatives, so he had no choice but to stay home. He couldn't even go to Ray or Bob's because they'd be spending it together, and Gerard definitely didn't want to be a third wheel.

Everyone's friendship had been rekindled with one another and they all became quite close. Even though it stung Gerard every time there was an empty seat at their table in the cafeteria, he'd just close his eyes and imagine his brother there laughing and joking with them, just as he used to. And the bad feeling went away, at which he would then look at his boyfriend and squeeze his hand under the table.

"I love you," Frank said, turning his head back to look at him. Gerard leaned forward and kissed the other's cheek lovingly, causing Frank to giggle. "That tickles," he laughed softly. Gerard quickly moved his kisses to Frank's neck, making him laugh more. It was a sound that was like angel's singing in his ears. He knew there was nothing that sounded better than Frank Iero's laughter and his heart filled with warmth knowing he could be the one to help produce that sound.

He continued to lay in the silence of Frank's room, the entire house empty because John, Linda, and Little Helena had all gone shopping a little while ago.

"Oh, I love you, too, by the way," Gerard said after a while, chuckling at Frank's pout.

"Oh, you forgot?" Frank asked, mock offended.

"I didn't forget. I just say it in my head all the time and kind of assume I'm already saying it," he shrugged an answer. Frank turned around to face him and kissed him deeply.

"You are so fucking cute, I swear," Frank said against his lips. Before Gerard knew it, he was on his back with Frank straddling him and he almost lost it. Frank had never done this.Gerard hadn't even done this to Frank. The furthest they had gotten was rubbing each other through the pants one time and even then, Frank's parents had come home, much to their embarrassment. That was almost two weeks ago. It wasn't that Gerard was impatient, he just loved Frank with all of his being and wanted to be as close to him as possible.

Gerard was broken out of his thoughts when Frank pressed his hips down further against Gerard, emitting a small whimper from the older man. Instinctively, his hands gripped Frank's waist and he looked up into his eyes.

"Frank?" He asked, nearly a whisper. The shorter man came give a soothing smile full of love and even want to an extent. Gerard wanted him. The feeling coursing through his veins in replace of blood. Neither said a word as Frank began a rhythm and Gerard tenderly bucking up into him. Nothing but the sound of their breathy moans, occasional gasps, and soft squeaking of Frank's old bed could be heard. There were too many layers in-between them, but neither were ready to go just that far yet. Frank leaned one hand down onto Gerard's chest as the other went to latch onto one of hands gripping his waist.

They seemed to be lost in their own world, their fingers laced, eyes staring back into the others, and hearts belonging to each other when they heard the front door close, abruptly freezing their movements. They quickly scrambled away from one another as they heard footsteps coming up the stairs and made themselves look natural. Gerard went to search the DVD collection while Frank turned the TV on.

"Frank?" His mom called out, knocking.

"Yes, mom?" He asked as the door opened. He gave her a smile, secretly upset that he and his boyfriend were interrupted.

"We brought pizza for dinner," she said, looking between the two.

"Sounds good, mama. Gerard and I will be down, just gonna look for a movie to watch while we're eating." She nodded and left the room, closing the door behind her. The two men looked at one another before blushing softly and giggling. Frank patted the spot next to him on the bed. "Come here," he said, Gerard set From Dusk Till Dawn down on the DVD player and took a seat beside his boyfriend.

"Yeah?" He asked. Frank pulled him down for a kiss.

"I love you and I'm sorry we were interrupted," Frank said, kissing his chin twice and then the corner of his mouth. Gerard smiled and shook his head.

"It's okay, Frankie. I love you, too." They stared at each other before Gerard spoke again. "So From Dusk Till Dawn?" He asked. Frank giggled.

"You're in love with that movie, I swear." Gerard shrugged.

"George Clooney is one fine man," he admitted. "Next to you, of course." Frank lightly punched him in the shoulder, rolling his eyes before dragging him downstairs for pizza. John and Linda 'aw'd' at one another as they watched the boys hold hands tightly as they grabbed pizza and poured each other's drinks. They'd done everything together and that was probably because Gerard had five months left with him, and then who knew what was to happen.

Once they were back in Frank's room, Gerard took a seat on the floor with his back against the bed while Frank sat in-between his legs. From there, they ate and watched a Quentin Tarantino movie and Gerard would squeal softly in delight when George Clooney did something terrific.

"Okay, I'm pretty gay, but Salma Hayek in this movie is so fucking hot," Frank said in the middle of her dance. Gerard hummed an agreement.

"Oh, yeah. You know what I would give to be Quentin's mouth right now?" Gerard asked, causing Frank to laugh.

"You know what I would give to be that snake?" He said, then froze for a moment before turning back to look at his boyfriend. "Babe, did you just basically tell me you have a foot fetish?" Frank asked, brow raised. Gerard's face turned red and he furiously shook his head.

"No! God, no! I'm just saying that she's sexy," he whined, covering his face with his unoccupied hand. Frank burst out into laughter.

"Gee, it's okay," he giggled, causing Gerard to glare at him through his finger. "I was just teasing you." Gerard huffed, stubbornly turning his face away from Frank and crossing his arms after setting his plate down. "Aw, come on. Don't be like that," Frank said. Gerard wasn't backing down. "Well, fine then," he huffed, turning away from the taller man and crossing his arms as well. They stayed like that for half of the movie before Gerard finally broke and wrapped his arms around Frank's waist.

"Frankie," he sang softly in his ear. "I'm sorry. I was joking, too. Don't be mad at me?" He suggested innocently, like a little kid. Frank couldn't help the smile that spread across his face. He sighs, knowing that Gerard knows he's won.

"Your face is too fucking cute to be mad at," he says, turning to look at Gerard. Gerard smiles and puckers his lips more than necessary, causing Frank to giggle at how silly he could be at times. He leans back into the older man's chest and presses his lips against his boyfriend's. The kiss innocently for a few moments before Gerard slips his tongue between Frank's, invading his mouth heatedly. Frank whimpers softly, pushing himself back into Gerard more, letting himself press against Gerard's member. Gerard instantly pulls away.

"I'm sorry, I want to do things with you, but your family is here," he explains softly, stroking the side of Frank's face and removing the hair in his face. Frank nods, his eyes glazed over with want and also understanding. Frank turns his body fully to straddling him. Gerard wraps his arms around Frank's waist, locking his fingers together and giving Frank a soft peck on the lips.

"I know, Gee. And I know it's wrong, but I've had many dirty thoughts about you since we became close," he admitted lowly, averting his eyes in shame. Gerard's cheek heated up, turning a soft hue of red.

"Hey," he said softly, causing Frank to look into his eyes. He smiled, "It's okay. I'm really glad that you liked me as long as you did," he confessed. Frank gave him a shy smile, tucking his slightly long hair behind his ears.

"I didn't expect to fall for you, not that you're not a catch, I just- well, I've never had those kinds of feelings for anyone." Gerard nodded understandingly.

"It's okay. Neither have I. And, honestly, when Pete came onto you, I was really... Jealous," he muttered, grimacing at the memory. "Speaking of which, that time he called you and said he figured it out, what did he figure out?" He asked curiously. He'd forgotten about it, but now it was eating him up. Frank chuckled softly.

"He said that I was in love with you, and he was right. That's why he said he'd back off, he didn't want to come between us."

"You've been in love with me for that long?" Gerard asked. Frank shook his head.

"Longer. I can't pinpoint exactly when it was, but I just know that whenever you were with me, I was home," he said softly, leaning his whole body against Gerard's and wrapping his arms around his neck. He felt the shorter man place a small innocent kiss on his neck, making him smile.

"You're amazing, Frank. You're so amazing, and out of all the other people in the world, you're in love with me, and I can't believe it. I'm the luckiest man ever." Frank's eyes layered with a sheet of water and his face molded a perfect smile and Gerard fell in love all over again. They stayed hugging like that perfectly. From Dusk Till Dawn playing in the background, pizza laying abandoned now cold, and their heartbeats matching one another's perfectly and life is just right.

*

Christmas comes to soon and Frank and Gerard have been texting whenever Frank gets a connection, but it isn't enough for Gerard. His family is already arriving at his home and he's taken to locking himself in he and Mikey's room, much to his parent's dismay. There's a knock at the door.

"Gerard? Could you come say hello to the family?" His mother asks through the locked door. Gerard says nothing. "And then you can come back to your room, okay?" She adds. Anything to get him out of there. Gerard gives in, unlocking the door and stepping out and his heart almost warms at the sight of his mother's smile.

"Fine," he grumbles and walks downstairs, catching the eye of everyone in the room. He's seeing aunts, uncles, cousins, close family friends and their kids all at once and it's nearly unbearable. "Um, hi," he says awkwardly, trying not to let his discomfort show on his face. The goes around the room and one by one says hi and shakes hands, refusing hugs, with his relatives. He hasn't liked to be around them since Mikey's passing and they hadn't tried to see how he was doing either. There was an elephant in the room and it was that Mikey wasn't here. It was a heavy thing in the room, because his younger brother would be going around the room enthusiastically. He loved everyone and everyone knew that.

"How've you been, Gerard?" One of his aunt's asked. He shrugged.

"Better, I guess. My boyfriend has been helping me with a lot of things, so it's thanks to him," he said truthfully. He'd find any excuse to brag about Frank, not caring who it was to. He was proud to be Frank's significant other.

"Oh, you're gay?" She asked, brow raised. He shrugged again.

"Well, I love him and he happens to be a guy. It doesn't really matter to me what their sex is," he explains. She smiles, patting his shoulder.

"As long as you're happy, sweetheart. I know things haven't been easy for you and my sister hasn't always been the best to be around, but you were brought up into a nice young man," she said. He smiled at her. A true smile. One that he hadn't given his family members in a long time. He pulls out his phone and shows her his wallpaper.

"Um, this is him. His name's Frank," he says happily. She peers down at the picture and smiles warmly.

"He's a handsome young man, Gerard!" He nods enthusiastically.

"I know, but his personality is what makes him beautiful," he gushed, his cheeks turning pink. His aunt, Marie, lightly pushed his shoulder in a playful manner and giggled.

"Who'd've known you were such a sappy guy, Gerard," she teased. He stayed there talking with his aunt for a long while and he enjoyed his time. After excusing himself to his room for some rest, because being around so many people had exhausted him, he walked into his room to find his younger cousins, around thirteen and twelve, in the room going through Mikey's things.

"What are you doing?" He asked sternly, hands on his hips. One of them, he forgets their names, looks at him.

"Your brother is one who killed himself, isn't he?" They ask. His eyes harden and his jaw clenches.

"It's none of your business," he says, trying to remain calm.

"We were looking for his suicide note," they continue on.

"Get out."

"Do you know where it is?" They keep going.

"Get. Out!" He yells loudly. All the conversation that had been going on downstairs suddenly stopped. "Get out right now!" Before he knows it, most of his family is at his door trying to peek in. The boys in the room stop their movements and start crying.

"What is the matter with you?! Making little kids cry," one of his other distant aunts says, grabbing his arm harshly.

"What's the matter with me? How about them?!" He yells, yanking his arm from her grip. "They're looking my brother's suicide note. My brother! That's not right. They're your kids, right? Maybe you should teach your kids to respect privacy instead of being little shitheads," he yells right into her face. As if time had slowed down, he watched as she raised her hand and struck him across the face, leaving a stinging on his cheek. He held his face and the room was still before his mother came in and pushed her sister back, causing her to stumble back dumbfounded.

"If you lay another finger on my son, I swear to fucking everything that I will rip your goddamn hand off, got it, Stacy?" His mother glared. He was surprised to see his mother come to his defense. His mother had lost one son because of her neglecting and she wasn't going to lose her other. Gerard, although rough around the edges, was a good boy and only lost and trying to find his way. He was grieving and it wasn't a process to be interrupted.

"Then control your kids, Donna! It's not my fault you drove one son to killing himself, you don't need to take it out on my family." Everyone seem to gasp. That was the line crossed. Gerard stepped in-between his mother and her sister and glared down at her.

"Listen, you little lifeless shell, do not talk to my mom like that and leave my brother out of it. I don't care who you are to me, family or not, you have a problem with us then leave. If not, shut your fucking mouth and make sure your kids keep their hands to themselves," he threatened. They had a stare down before his aunt huffed, backing away.

"We're leaving," she said angrily.

"Good. Don't come back. My mother is more of mom than you'll ever be." His mother looked back at him, shocked that he would say something like that about her. She thought he hated her and he wouldn't be in the wrong at all, but her son had really grown up. After all the commotion settled down and everyone went about their business, his mother hugged him, startling him.

"That was... a really nice thing you said about me, Gerard," she murmured, her voice watery with emotions. She hugged her back.

"Look, mom, I know I've been a little shit for a good while lately, but it's so hard to forgive you and dad for everything that happened. But Mikey wasn't your fault, okay? It wasn't mine, or even his. Things happen and as sad as it is, it's reality. We can't change it if we hold enough guilt or blame or sadness in our hearts. It's time to let go and let Mikey rest, mom. You still have me," he said. He held his mom as she sobbed into his chest, causing him to cry himself. It doesn't matter if he was still upset with them, seeing his mother cry will always make him cry, too. His mother didn't deserve to cry, no matter how much he used to think she did.

"I'm sorry I wasn't better to you two, Gerard. I know you haven't forgiven me, but maybe one day." He nodded. When he was finally alone and laying in his bed, his phone began to ring loudly, frightening him and he fumbled for it. Seeing that it was his boyfriend, he quickly answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Gee. How's the Holidays so far?" Frank asked sweetly over the line. Gerard smiled.

"Well, I kind of caused a fight in the family and banished a family member from our household and it's not even noon. What about you?" He asked, looking up at the ceiling and listening to Frank say that it was too fucking cold in his relatives' house because they were all secretly dead on the inside and had to keep it cold.

"But never mind that. What happened?" Frank asked, concerned. Gerard sighed.

"I was talking with my aunt Marie and I was actually enjoying it. She's cool and I think you'd like her. Anyways, I got tired of people and came up here and these two little assholes were rummaging through Mikey's things," he said.

"What? Why?"

"They asked me if I knew where his suicide note was." Frank gasped.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Frank yelled. "That's seriously messed up," he grumbled. Gerard nodded his head as if his other half could see.

"Exactly. I yelled at them to get out and their mom went ballistic on me and slapped me when I called her kids little shitheads," he went on.

"I'm going to rip her fucking arm off and feed it to her kids," Frank growled. Gerard's eyes widened. He'd never heard Frank talk like that. And even though he thought he should be concerned, he found it endearing and actually pretty sexy. He cleared his throat.

"I'm gonna get back to what you just said in a bit, but guess what happened after that? My mom came in and slapped her and told her not to lay a finger on me or she'd rip her hand off. Not only that, but she said that my mom drove Mikey to killing himself and that's when I stepped up and told her to either leave or shut her mouth," he explained.

"Your mom stood up for you and then you, her?" Frank asked, actually smiling.

"Yeah. We kind of had this heartfelt conversation afterwards and all in all, I think you were right about this being good for me." Frank sighed in relief.

"I'm really glad you kinda made amends with your mom," Frank said. They stayed silent for a moment before Gerard spoke again, clearing his throat a bit.

"So is it weird that I found your threat really fucking sexy?" Gerard asked. He heard Frank's breath catch and it sent shivers through his body.

"Well," Frank chuckled, "now I know what to say next time we're alone." Gerard giggled, blushing softly.

"I can't wait to see you for New Years. I already miss you and you only left yesterday morning," Gerard sulked.

"I miss you, too, baby, but I'll be home before you know it and we'll do that cheesy shit and kiss at midnight under the fireworks and the stars and the moon." Gerard laughed.

"Wow, you're so charming," he answered sarcastically.

"You love it, don't lie." Gerard agreed. They talked for another hour before Frank had to leave and "spend time with the dead people." Rather than stay in his room like he's planned, he went back downstairs and talked with his cool aunt for the rest of the night until she left back to Texas.

*

"So why do we even pop fireworks at midnight?" Gerard asked mindlessly. Frank shrugged, causing Gerard's head to move with his shoulders. They were laying on Frank's bed and staring out of the window waiting for the fireworks. It was eleven thirty and they weren't too interested; they just lived for their moments with one another. Ray and Bob had visited earlier and they all sat around the living room watching Home Alone again for Mikey. It was a nice and yet emotional thing. Gerard seemed to stare off into space more, missing his little brother tugging on his arm and dragging him outside to play in the snow as he used to. Frank left him be and didn't push him to talk about it, figuring that he would talk about it if he wanted him to know.

"Who knows, it's just fun to watch," Frank answered with a smile.

"Pfft! You're fun to watch, Frankie," Gerard said, not-so-smoothly. Frank laughed, moving back into his better half slightly. He loved being so close to him. Gerard stared at Frank's facial features fixedly. His strong jawline and his hazel eyes glowing from the moon in the sky. His breath caught in his throat, thinking about how beautiful Frank was inside and out.

"Gerard?" Frank asked softly, moving back into the erection he didn't realize he'd gotten. "I know it's probably too soon or something, but I'm, um, ready if you are," he whispered, though loud and clear, shyly. Gerard's eyes widened.

"Are-are you sure, Frank?" He asked, moving over on Frank a bit, hovering over him, trying to look into his eyes. Frank turned over on his back, nodding up at him with pink stained cheeks.

"I'm positive, Gerard. I love you." Gerard leaned down and kissed him softly, moving his full body on top of him. This time, there was nothing to interrupt them, John, Linda and Helena having gone to visit other family members. And both men were aware that that was their plan all along and took solace in their unspoken blessing.

Gerard pulled away. "I love you, too." He reached down and tugged Frank's shirt off, making the younger boy become coy all of a sudden. They'd slept half naked in the same bed together plenty of times, but this was different. This was the first time anything intimate was going to happen. Their hearts wee pounding against their ribcages, but it was more because of excitement than nerves. Frank removed Gerard's shirt and then his pants, thinking that he wouldn't feel so self-conscious if Gerard was naked before him.

Clothes were removed and kisses were trailed along bodies. They were wet, sloppy, and full of love at the same time. They were the best kind. The messy kind. Realizing they had no lubricant, Gerard put his fingers near Frank's mouth and watching, his erection painful, as he sucked on his fingers, spreading his saliva on his fingers and down to his palm. They maintained eye contact, making a gasp escape Gerard's lips. I pulled his hand away and positioned himself in-between Frank's legs, spreading them wide and peering down at him.

"You're beautiful, Frankie," Gerard whispered. Frank smiled up at him, blushing softly. Gerard reached down and ran a finger around Frank's entrance, assuring him to relax. After a small nod, Gerard push his finger in slowly and rubbed circles on Frank's stomach as he tensed. "Relax, okay? I'd never hurt you." After another nod, he pulled his finger out all the way before pushing it back in. Frank felt a lot of discomfort at first, but it gradually went away but then returned when a second finger was eventually added. His mind was distracted from his pain when he felt Gerard's hand wrap around his shaft and stroked him slowly, giving him immense pleasure. He moaned, slightly arching his back off the bed. Gerard's mouth hung open, panting from how Frank was withering beneath him. He added a third finger, wanting to stretch him properly so he felt no pain at all, only pleasure.

"Oh, Gerard," Frank moaned his name, and that was it. Gerard couldn't wait any longer. He looked into Frank's eyes after pulling his fingers out, asking if it was okay to go on. Frank nodded, giving him a confident smile. He watched as Gerard spit on his hand and slicked his manhood up and then pushed his legs further apart and almost up to his chest.

"If it hurts too much, let me know. We'll stop," Gerard said reassuringly. Frank answered him with a kiss and helped Gerard hold his legs up, putting his hands on top of his on his thighs. Gerard lined himself up with Frank's entrance and slowly started pushing in. Frank sucked a breath in through his teeth and Gerard gritted his teeth as his head made it passed the ring of muscles. After taking a few deep breaths, Frank nodded at him to continue and relaxed his body as he felt the sting of Gerard sliding inside of him. They each held their breaths until their hips met and they exhaled.

"G-Gerard," Frank whispered, tears running down his face. Gerard looked down at him concerned, afraid he hadn't prepped him good enough.

"Do you want to stop, Frankie?" He asked. Frank shook his head frantically. "What's wrong?"

"Absolutely nothing," he breathed out, staring up at Gerard lovingly. "I just feel so close to you. Move," he subtly begged, grasping Gerard's shoulders and letting his legs wrap around Gerard's waist. Gerard nodded his head and leaned forward, putting his hands on the bed on either side of Frank's head. He slowly pulled half way out before pushing back in. He noticed some discomfort on Frank's face still, so he repeated the process at different angles until Frank's body shook and he threw his head back, moaning loudly. The sound made a feeling pool in the pit of Gerard's stomach and send waves of pleasure across his body. He thrusted into Frank at a steady pace, hitting that same bundle of nerves and watched in awe as the man he loved lost himself beneath him. They were in their own world until they heard a loud 'pop' in the sky, causing them to stop.

"Fireworks," Frank panted, looking up at the sky. Gerard pulled out of Frank and laid beside him.

"Turn towards the window," Gerard said softly. Frank did as he said. Gerard moved right up against him and lifted Frank's leg over his before grabbing himself and sliding inside Frank again.

"Ah- Oh, god! It feels so much better like this," Frank moaned, pushing back into Gerard.

"Pu-put your hands against the windowsill, Frankie," Gerard instructed. As soon as Frank's hands were on the window, Gerard thrusted into him at a hard, steady pace. Together, they made love, watching the fireworks in sky explode into different colors. "Happy New Year's, Frank," Gerard, whispered in Frank's ear, panting harshly. Frank threw his head back into Gerard's shoulder, practically screaming with pleasure.

"Happy New Year's-uh- Gee," He said back after a while. "Gerard, oh fuck, ­ah! Harder, please," he begged. Gerard rutted into him harder at a fast pace, causing Frank to gasp starkly.

"Frank," Gerard moaned, "I'm gonna come," he said, thrusting harder, taking pride in the whimpers and moans coming from Frank because of him.

"Me, too. Don't stop, please. Don't stop! Ah, Fuck! Gerard!" He screamed his name as he finished untouched against his bedroom wall. The clench in his muscles caused Gerard to give two more final thrusts before finishing inside his boyfriend. They laid there panting for a while before Gerard turned Frank's face to him and kissed him deeply underneath the sound of the fireworks, under the moon and the stars, still inside him.

"I love you. I love you so much," Gerard panted softly against Frank's lips.

"I love you," Frank said back, shifting against him, causing him to wince. Reluctantly, he pulled out, a groan escaping both their lips. "I feel so empty now," he muttered, a small whine in his tone. Gerard kissed his shoulder and then the back of his neck.

"I'm still here, Frankie. It's okay." And then Frank started to cry, concerning Gerard, but just smiled when he said that he was just so happy that his body didn't know how else to let the feelings out. Gerard pulled the covers over them and they cuddled, falling asleep easily and as close as they've ever been.