The story of Carmilla

In 2014, the YouTube web series "Carmilla" launched on what was once VerveGirl with the hopes of attracting a few hundred viewers. Little did anyone know, two years later, so many people would dedicate their lives to this beautiful creation about a useless lesbian vampire and her tiny gay human that is, hilariously, sponsored by U by Kotex. To this day, the first episode has over a million views and counting.

Now, if you don't have any idea what "Carmilla" is about, I'll explain it the best I can: It's a modern gay web series loosely based on the novella of the same title by J. Sheridan Le Fanu in 1872. There have been many takes on bringing this novella to life, but they all lack what this series has;  creative shooting, suspenseful cliffhangers, some of the greatest writers to ever walk the earth, and seriously attractive actors.

The series follows university ("college", for my fellow Americans) freshman Laura Hollis, a journalism major at Silas University in Austria. Save for the third and final season, the series is shot single shot/single camera to imply that Laura is shooting the whole series as her journalism project. Her story begins in the first episode of the first season, where all is well...until her roommate, Betty, disappears and, the next day, the walking sex machine that is Carmilla Karnstein bursts in, donning thick eye liner and hot-as-hell leather pants, and proclaims that the Dean of the school has made her Laura's new roommate.

Shit happens, Laura and her friends capture Carmilla, there's fighting, heroes, anti-heroes, special soy milk, sock puppets, kissing, creampuffs and cupcakes...and that's just in the first season. Two other seasons, season two and season zero (a prequel that shows the events before season one while the tiny and broody gays are stuck in the library during the end of the second season) have aired in their entirety and a final season, season three, is being released this year in three acts, similar to a Shakespearean play.

If you have watched Carmilla and can recite every single episode beginning to end like I can, you understand my love and support for this beaut of a show. So, speaking on behalf of the whole Creampuff fanbase, I would like to thank Spencer, Sheridan, Jordan, Steph, and all of the cast and creative that have taken this show to what it is now. And now for some kind words from Creampuffs (myself included).

Enjoy :)

-Tay