Mare (tumblr user your--best--night--mare)

Hi,

I'm Mare, Dutch, 15 years old, tumblr: your--best--night-mare and carmilla-cast-tweets.

Carmilla has meant so much to me. I mean it is a really good, funny and quite fascinating show (Tuesday and Thursday were/are the days I look(ed) forward to) and the cast and crew are incredible people, who quite often make my day on social media. And the most important thing: 2.5 years ago I came out to my parents and later to close friends, everybody was really accepting so I can't really complain. But I didn't know any other people who were gay, I knew celebrities, but very few "normal" people. Which made me feel like I was alone in the world, the odd one out. Then I found Carmilla, which showed that being gay was the most normal thing in the world. And not unimportant, it introduced me to the fandom. I know it's a cliche thing to say that a fandom is like a family, but the creampuffs really are. Sometimes people do not agree with each other, but everyone will always help each other's out. The creampuffs are people just like me, I made new friends, got new idols and I finally didn't feel alone because I am gay, I became proud of who I am. This feeling gave me the courage to come out at school and just made my life way more fun and generally better.
I want to thank everyone in the fandom and especially everyone who made Carmilla possible, cast and crew, thank you so very very much.

Goodnight Carmilla.