Friendship

So, this is actually an update. I hope you're happy.

"I can't deal with this crap right now," I moan. Tabitha and Kayla just shrug and share a look. "Where's Derek?" I ask looking around. "We sent him home," replied Kayla. I just groaned to myself. "Where's my 'mom'?" I asked putting air-quotes around mom. "Making food." I then get up and say, "I'm going to the bathroom." and walk out.

Instead of actually using the bathroom like a regular person, I just stared at myself in the mirror taking in what I learned. Then I came to the realization that now I have to go on a quest searching for my mom as a lot of people in stories do. I slowly walk out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

I decided to tell then what I've come to realize. Of course, none of them agreed but I wasn't expecting them to. Looks like I need to sneak out, it's as simple as that. But I will wait a couple of days before I do that. I then decided to text Derek, as he is supposedly my 'soul-mate'.

"Hey" I texted him, I'm just going to ease into this.

"Hey" he replied in less than a minute. "It's almost like he was expecting a text from me" I muttered to myself.

"How you doin?" I asked.

"I'm fine. How're you feeling?" he asked

"I'm feeling okay. You should come over, we need to talk." I sent.

Within a second I got a text telling  me he was on his way. "Way to sound excited." I said to myself. "I talk to myself a lot." I muttered to myself, again of course.

Next thing I know. I can hear him coming up the stairs, did I say coming? Oh, I meant running. "I'm here!" he exclaimed. "Yeah I can see that" I muttered.

"So what do you want to talk about?" he asked. I then told him, "I came up with an idea that I need your help with." He nodded at me to tell me to continue. "I think we should go and search for my mother."

"No! Absolutely not! You could get hurt, and I can't have that happen." I groaned, "just hear me out please?" He reluctantly told me to go on. "Thank you, now as I was going to say, I think we can get my 'mom' to unlock my powers and you can help me to train." I looked at him with hopeful eyes.

I could tell he was thinking about it. "I guess we could do that." He trailed off. I cheered, and hugged him. But then backed off muttering sorry and blushing. I then ran down stairs to my 'mom' and asked her if she could unlock my powers.

"I don't know honey, that could be really painful." I shrugged and said, "but it would totally be worth it". But it would throw off with the running away, which I probably won't have to do because I could probably convince my 'mom' to let me go. She sighed and said, "I guess we could do it tomorrow because it's getting late. I think it's time for you to leave Derek." I sighed and said bye to Derek. I then told my 'mom' goodnight. And went to bed. Man, this isn't very good for my stress levels.

Then next morning I was ready. I walked downstairs and noticed that Derek, Trevor, Kayla, and Tabitha were down there along with my mom. "What're all of you doing here?"

"Of course we're not going to miss the day you're going to get your powers!" replied Kayla. I then a gave her a look and asked, "how do you even know what's going on?" She just shrugged and said, "I'm a witch, and your 'mom' told me." I just hummed and asked my mom when we're going to start.

"You might want to change into clothes that you can breath in, you're going to sweat a lot." I agreed and ran upstairs to change my clothes. "Okay! I'm ready!" I exclaimed as I got downstairs. My mom then pointed down to the basement and then said, "you're probably going to scream a lot and I don't need the cops being called."

We went to the basement and I noticed that there was a lot of padding on the floor, also a lot of candles. I pointed to them and asked, "what're those for?" My mom then replied, "I need them for the ritual." She then pointed to Trevor and Tabitha and said that they needed to hold down Derek because he may try to come up to me while they're unblocking my powers.

I then laid down on the floor and said, "lets get this over with." My 'mom' nodded to me and started chanting something. Next thing I know, I feel this very sharp pain in my head. Then the screaming started. It felt as though I was getting stung by 1,000 wasps inside my head. I could hear Derek yelling for them to let him go.

The pain lasted for what felt like 4 hours but in reality it was really only like 4 minutes and it stopped. I laid breathing heavily on the floor. I could hear Derek running up to me. "Are you okay?" I nodded, tired. Derek then lifted me up off the floor and took me into my bedroom and laid me down on my bed, which I then fell asleep not long after as it took a lot of energy out of me for some odd reason.

I then woke up a couple hours later, still pretty tired but that wasn't unusual as I was always tired. I walked downstairs with my friends sitting there, waiting. "I don't know about you guys, but I feel as though we've already been through this." I joked. "You're awake!" exclaimed Kayla. I scoffed and said, "Clearly." She gave me a look and decided not to say anything else.

"You know I don't feel any different."

"You won't until you use your powers." replied my 'mom'. "Ohh" I trailed off. "Well I think I'm going to take a shower as you know I've had a very hectic couple of days." I go into my bedroom, grab some clothes, and jump into the shower. Once I'm finished showering I wipe the dew from the mirror and scream. "My fucking hair! Why is my hair blue! Oh my fucking god!" I ran out of the bathroom, still in my towel and into the living room. "When did this happen?" I screamed at the people in my living room. Tabitha just gave me an innocent look and said, "your true form is coming through."