The Prophecy

"Wait, I haven't heard anything about a prophecy."

"I was waiting to tell you." My mom responded, "well it would have been nice to know when you told me everything else." My mom shrugged her shoulders as if to say 'oh well'.

"So what's this prophecy you have spoken of?" Annabelle looked around and told us to follow her to the back of the shop. She went up to the front closed and locked the door and switched the open sign to closed. Yeah, even in this dimension they had open-closed signs. After she got finished with all that we followed her into the back, like a bunch of ducks. 

After we all settled down, Annabelle started talking. "So who all knows of this prophecy?" My mom, Derek's parents, Derek, and Kayla all raised their hands. "What you know isn't all of it."

I rolled my eyes, "of course it isn't." Annabelle glared at me and I raised my hand in surrender and she continued, "there's some that I didn't tell because there are people who would try anything to get their hands on May here if they were to find out how big of a deal she is."

I groan, of course. Annabelle continued to talk, "I also knew that I was going to run into you guys before you got into anything big. Not only will you have to save the vampires, but every living species. There's something brewing and it's powerful and evil, but when you finally learn to control your powers you'll be even more powerful than him."

"Dang, that's rough." My mom rolled her eyes at me.

"Oh, and your father didn't actually run away once he found out your mom was pregnant, she was a royal remember? Every guy wanted to mate with her, something must have happened to him. Unfortunately your mom never told anyone who he was." Annabelle then pulled out something from what seemed like thin air. "Your mom gave these to me when she came back. I think she knew you were going to come back here, they're journals and hopefully they'll help learn what you're getting into."

She handed them to me, "have you read them?" I asked

"No, she put an enchantment on them. Only you should be able to read them."

I gaped at Annabelle and looked at the journals, clearly shocked. This is honestly so unexpected, but when has it not been considering how my week has been going. My mom stood up, "maybe we should leave. We still have a lot of exploring to do" we all said our good-byes to Annabelle and left. "Maybe we should go back. We have a lot of time and May just took in a lot of information."

Everyone agreed, "can we please take a carriage?" I begged.

"Well I said we could earlier."

"Yes!" I jumped and yelled excitedly. We all walked into another place, it only had a couple people not counting the ones that work there. We all walked up to the counter and asked for a carriage. The person at the counter gasped, "Elenour?"

"Dang mom, you know a lot of people." I got a good look at the person who was talking and it was an attractive older guy. My mom smiled at the stranger. "Hey Tom, long time no see."

He ran around the counter and gave my mom a huge hug. She patted his back as he hugged her, I could swear I could see a few tears. Next thing I know, he kissed her.

"Woah! What the fuck?!" I yelled. My mom smiled sadly, "this is my soul-mate."

I gaped at her, along with everyone else. "What's up with all these plot twists!"

"What happened? Why did you leave?" Asked Tom sadly. My mom grimaced, "it wasn't really my choice." She pointed to me, "this is May, Queen May's daughter."

Tom turned around to look at me, and smiled clearly understanding why his soul-mate left him. "Nice to meet you May, I'm happy you're here."

I smiled back at him, "nice to meet you too Tom, but I sorta wanna go home so can we have a carriage?"

He moved real fast behind the counter, "of course. Where do you plan on going." I let my aunt do the talking and walked up to my mom. "Why didn't you tell me you had a soul-mate?"

"I had a hard enough time pushing him out of my mind, I would have rather not talked about him. It would have brought up too many bad memories." I hugged my mom, "thank you." I whispered in her ear. She kissed me on my cheek and walked up to the counter again. I stood back, thinking about what were in those journals, Derek has them since he wouldn't allow me to carry them considering he is a "gentleman".

After what felt like hours, we all were settled into a  carriage on our way home. Derek was sitting next to me. "Are you okay? This has been a pretty rough week huh."

I sighed, "yeah a lot has been going on. I have something to tell you guys but you have to wait until we get home though to hear it."

"Wow, you're going to leave us hanging like that?" Said Tabitha sarcastically. I smiled at her and winked, "of course."

We all sat in silence until we got back to the house. We gathered everything, and went into the house. "Meet you all out here in about 5 minutes?" Everyone ran off to do whatever they had to do. I grabbed the journals from Derek and took them into my room. I put them under my pillow so I could look at them tonight. About 10 minutes later we were all gathered in Veronica's living room.

"So I had this crazy dream the other day where there was a dragon. He said his name was Haiden and he is my familiar. I know what a familiar is because of books but I had no idea they were a reality."

My mom nodded her head, "of course you have a familiar, you're a powerful witch."

"Why didn't you tell me I have a familiar."

"It was too soon, I never expected it to be able to contact you yet. You're something I've never seen before."

I looked at my mom in wonder, "I wonder who my father is. I wish my birth mother was here to tell me" I sighed. My mom smiled sadly at me, "don't we all."

I took a good look at my mom, she had to leave behind everything she ever knew to raise a baby that wasn't even hers. I gained a lot more respect for her, not that I didn't have a lot before but now it's at heights not even imaginable. "I love you mom."

My mom gave me a watery smile, "I love you too."

 So I finally updated! I hope you guys enjoyed and feel free to leave me some feedback :)