The Arrival

"This is so exciting! Is this going to be a Harry Potter thing? Like we have a portal key or is there a legit portal?" I asked my mom. "It's a 'legit' portal" she said whilst putting air-quotes on legit.

"Wow, no need to be sarcastic." She glares at me and starts looking around, "I know it's somewhere around here."

While my mom is looking around for the portal, I think about the odd dream. I haven't heard a thing about a familiar I'll have to ask my mom about it once we get settled down. 

"Aha! I found it, come along kids. Follow  me, but be careful you--" I tripped over a tree branch, "-'ll fall."

I laughed, "whoops. You'd think because I'm an all powerful witch I still wouldn't be clumsy." My mom just gave me and exasperated look and  kept walking. "So were is this portal?"

"In a tree."

"In a tree, really? You'd think it was really cool but I guess not." After that comment my mom just shook her head and muttered something under her breath. I looked back at everyone and shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know what her problem is." Derek just laughed and shook his head.

"We're here!" Sang my mom. "Hmm" I muttered. "This looks like a regular tree how do you  know it's the right one."

"There's a spell that you have to do and it'll point you towards the correct one."

"Ohhhhhh okay. Let's a-go."

My mom chanted yet another spell and what you'd think a portal looked like opened. "Wow, how original." I said under my breath and I went through the portal. But when I did make it through the portal, I gasped at the beauty of the scenery. There were purple, pink, and blue trees which honestly make's no sense. 

"Why are the trees so different here?"

"They're made of totally different material here than on Earth." Answered Derek.

I went touch one of the flowers but pretty much everyone screamed no at me. Which scared the living hell out of me tbh. "What the fuck?!" I screamed out. "That's a very poisonous flower that'll kill you if you were to touch it."

"Okay." I then backed up real slowly and went back to mom. "We need to hurry, we don't want to be here when it gets dark, that's when all the bad things come out to play."

So we started on our long ass journey to some person's house. It took us a few hours, and a lot of complaining on my part, to get to this person's house. My mom knocked on the door and they answered a couple seconds later. They gasped.

"Elenour?" They cried out as they ran up to her and gave her a hug. I could tell they were crying as they were a loud crier. "Hey Veronica. Long time no see sis."

"Holy crap! You have a sister!" I screamed. My mom and her sister both turned to look at me. "Holy crap! You're twins!"

My mom sighed, like always, and said, "And this my my 'daughter' May." Her sister gasped, "She's beautiful and her eyes are a bright purple. She's very powerful. Who's her dad?"

My mom gave her sister a look and said "We have a lot to talk about."

After explaining all of it and answering a shit-load of questions they ushered us up to be, "We're going to have to be up early tomorrow as we're going to set up a plan." We all said our good nights and looking forward to tomorrow.