prologue.

He didn't deserve this.

The taunts, the teasing, the beatings, none of it.

But he would still have a smile on his face everyday.

That smile was always so bright that it was blinding.

The smile that could lift anyone from darkness. The smile that could stop a rainy day and drag the sun out of it's hiding place, the gray clouds.

It was the smile that I always look forward seeing everyday.

The smile that belonged to the boy who shined brighter than the sun.

However, it was only a mask.

A mask hiding what he truly felt, all the tears he shed, and all the pain he was going through.

The mask was translucent. Very translucent. But if you look closely, you can somewhat see through it.

I saw through it, I always did. But I am a coward. A completely helpless coward.

I see everything he goes through and never had the guts to help him.

He was the person I cared about the most and yet I let him suffer.

I even joined the ones who caused the suffering. All because I was a spineless coward.

And for the first time, his mask fell. It fell and shattered in to pieces, never to be repaired.

The bright smile I loved stopped appearing.

It was from then, I knew that he was completely broken.

All because of me.

Me, the person who chose his reputation over the person I cared about the most.

No wonder he left. He didn't want to stay in a place where everyone was against him. Not in a place where people would harm him for no valid reason.

Or so I thought.

------------------------------

AN; Okay so this is my very first time writing a yaoi fanfiction omg. But I've had this idea for a long time now. The prologue is very short, yes, but the chapters will get longer. My goal is to start a story and actually complete it since I always give up after a few chapters lolol. So PLEASE vote and comment what you think of it so far! (: