chapter seventeen.

Naruto's POV

The next day felt like a blur. It felt as if I was their physically but not mentally. My body was just doing what it was supposed to do, while my mind was somewhere else. Somewhere far away. I didn't really hear what any of the teachers said, or anyone else really.

It wasn't until I was walking to lunch and I felt someone grab my wrist that I almost snapped back in to my senses. I turn around to see who it was only to see a pale, raven-haired boy. And it wasn't the one I knew, it was someone completely different. Someone I didn't know. I wait for him to say something.

"You were about to bump in to that sign" he says, pointing at the "wet floor" sign.

I simply blinked at it before looking back at the stranger again. "Thanks" I mumbled, attempting to walk away again. However, the hand on my wrist prevented me from doing so, once again.

I gave the stranger a weird look. "Sorry" he says and finally lets go of my wrist. "I'm new here. I was wondering if you could show me where the principal's office is?"

My eyes narrow. "Did you just get here or something?"

"Yeah, I wanted to stay home but my mom kept pestering me so, here I am" he says blankly.

I really didn't feel like helping this boy out, but I didn't really feel like thinking up of some bullshit excuse either.

"Whatever. Follow me" I tell him, already walking.

He follows quickly behind me and says, "Thanks. What's your name?"

"Naruto"

"I'm Sai. Nice to meet you."

•••

The school day was finally over and I was so ready to go home. Deidara has been giving me a concerned look ever since yesterday.

"Naru, please tell me what's wrong" Deidara says.

"I'll tell you later" I say. I probably wasn't actually going to tell him yet. I just wanted to get him off my back.

"Promise?" he asks.

"Promise." I say blankly.

"I have a club meeting today, but Iruka will pick you up. But once I come home, you're telling me." Deidara demands. I just nod.

I see Iruka waiting in his car. I say bye to my cousin and get in to Iruka's car, finally leaving school. Iruka and I had basic conversations on the way home.

When I got home, I went straight to my room, changed in to some pajamas and plopped on my bed. My mind started to think about what happened yesterday between me and Sasuke.

I thought about that amazing kiss and how much I wanted to do it again. I thought about the way he kissed back, so dominating and possessive. How hot yet passionate it was.

Well, at least to me it was passionate. Apparently, to him that kiss was just a mere test. Sasuke led me on to the point where I thought maybe I had a chance. To the point where I thought he felt the same way, only to crush that hope with a few words. 

I sit up on my bed, sitting crossed-legged, and grabbed my pillow and hugged it to my chest, letting out silent sobs.

Not too long after, I hear Iruka calling me from the kitchen. "Naruto! Your friend is here!" He says.

Curiosity kicked in me. Who would actually come over to my house to see me? I quickly wiped my face and went to the front door, where Iruka was. I saw the door opened and Yahiko standing there.