chapter ten.

Naruto's POV

It was an average morning. Nothing out of the ordinary. I woke up, brushed my teeth, got dressed, ate, then went to school with Deidara. It wasn't until I got to school that I remembered what happened last night.

This prick gave Yahiko my number.

"Hey, Deidara?" I said coming to a stop at my locker.

"What?" He replied, not looking up from his phone.

"Don't you have something to tell me?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

That was when he looked up at me. The confused expression that he had wasn't the one I was expecting either. "What are you talking about?" he asked.

"You know what I'm talking about." I snapped.

"Um, no I don't. Care to enlighten me?" He said with a brow raised, clearly not liking my attitude.

"Who told you to give Yahiko my number?"

Deidara's eyes widened. Guilty.

"Naruto, that probably is some shit I'd do, but I swear I-"

"Naruto!" A deep voice said. I instantly recognized it and turned around to face where it came from.

"Hello there, princess." Yahiko said with a smirk.

"Ugh, don't call me that." I said looking away from him, while he just chuckled. Just then, the bell rang.

"Ah, our time together was cut short. I'll see you later, Naru." He said then glanced over to my cousin, "Deidara," he said with a warm smile on his face, as a goodbye to him, then left. Deidara stared at him with a weird look on his face as he did, then he faced me.

"Naruto I-"

"Dei, it's really not that big of a deal. But at least warn me next time."

"But-"

"I got to go to class. You should too." I said then walked to class. 

•••

The day went by with out anything out of the ordinary. That wasn't until I was suddenly pulled in to a janitor's closet as soon as class ended.

"I keep telling you the same thing over and over again but you never listen. Just how stubborn can you be?"

I rolled my eyes and looked up at Sasuke, who looked pretty pissed right now. I didn't bother to reply, as he kept on talking.

"Look, I don't care how many times I have to tell you. Yahiko is a dangerous person. Stay away from him. Please, Naruto. This is the only thing I really ask from you."

"Okay, where's your proof?" I said, wary of the very little distance between us.

"Proof?"

"Yes. Proof."

There was a silence after I said that. He looked down at the ground after a while.