chapter nine.

Naruto's POV

I came straight home after school today along with a pestering Deidara.

"So do you like him?"

"No! I already said I don't like Yahiko."

"Well, there's no denying that he's sexy as hell. I'd hop on his train any day." Deidara said confidently.

I rolled my eyes at him and dropped my bag pack on the floor. I walked over to the couch and sat down on it with a huge sigh.

"Well what about Itachi?" I asked him.

"He's so fucking in denial right now. He just can't admit that how in love with me he actually is." Deidara replied nonchalantly.

"Deidara! What have I told you about cursing in this house?" A voice came from the kitchen.

"Sorry, Iruka!" Deidara said, startled because he didn't know he was here.

Iruka was our guardian. He's been the closest thing to a parent to us for a long time now.

He came out the kitchen with his apron on. "Welcome back from school boys. I was just about to start cooking something."

"Cool. But more importantly, when are you going to get a new apron? That one's all old and musty." Deidara said.

"The same day you get a boyfriend." Iruka replied. I started to laugh at Deidara's shocked expression.

Iruka was always chill around us. Just don't ever piss him off.

"Anyway, go upstairs you two. Dinner might take a while." He said. I got up and went upstairs.

Deidara followed me to my room and closed the door. I was already laying down as he sat at the corner of my bed.

"So, what about the little Uchiha? Has he done anything yet?" Deidara asked.

"No. He seemed mad at the little show Yahiko put on though." I said.

"As much as I ship you and little Uchiha, I still think you should at least give Yahiko a chance. I mean just look at him! His tall height, to those nice, broad shoulders. His prominent jawline. The obvious veins he has going through his arms. I know you have a thing for veins! In a way, he's more or less the ideal guy for you!" Deidara babbled. I have to admit, he isn't wrong.

"Then, why do you ship me and Sasuke so much? I'm surprised you don't hate his guts after what he did to me." I asked.

Deidara has always been a little overprotective with me. I also have my overprotective moments with him too. Even though he's my cousin, he's like that one annoying older brother to me. We were always just that close to each other.

"Honestly, I did at first. I seriously considered sneaking in to his room and cutting his testicles off. But like, the relationship you guys had before all that, he seemed to cherish it. It's hard to believe that he would just throw it away like that."

"Well, he did."

"I know. But he's trying to earn your forgiveness, which I find cute. He knows what he did was wrong. Plus, he seems kind of protective over you."

Naruto rolled his eyes at that. "Well, at the end of the day, I barely know Yahiko and I still haven't forgiven Sasuke either."

"You will eventually." Deidara shrugged.

"Whatever. Now get out of my room." Naruto said, shifting his position in his bed and facing away from Deidara.

"So rude. Ask nicely." Deidara demanded.

"Can you please get the fuck out of my room?"

Deidara pushed me lightly then got up and walked to the door, walking out the room and closed the door behind him. I started to doze off shortly after.

•••

When I woke up, it seemed to be already dark outside. I reached over to the lamp and turned it on, then grabbed my phone to look at the time to see that it was ten o'clock.

Welp, guess I'm staying up for a while.

Right when I was about to put my phone down, it vibrated. I looked at it again to see that I received a text from an unfamiliar number. The text read 'Hey'.

I stared at the text for a good two minutes, trying to figure out who this could be. Giving up, I decided to ask this mystery person. 'um, who u?' is what I typed at first, until I quickly deleted it and decided to actually type normally. I ended up replying, 'um, who's this?' .

I got a reply right away. 'Yahiko :)'

Right when I read his name, a chill crawled down my spine. 'Oh, hi. Uh, not to sound rude but, how did you get my number?'

Again, an instant reply came in. 'Well, your cousin was nice enough to give it to me. :)'.

I swear to Zeus, Deidara's a dead man tomorrow. But aside from that, it took a while to process the fact that I'm actually texting Yahiko, the king of the whole school. Everyone knows of his reputation, and that it takes a lot to get him to even look at you. So why was he going this far to talk to me?

Whatever the reason is, I'm not going to sleep, might as well talk to him and not be bored. 'Oh okay, so what's up?'

•••

We ended up talking for three hours straight. I didn't expect him to be so entertaining. Although, he kept bringing up my butt at the most random times, but that didn't really bother me. My butt's pretty majestic.

'i'm gonna go to sleep' I texted him.

'Alright then. Goodnight beautiful. ;)' One thing I learned is that his replies are always instantaneous. Or almost always. I found that very convenient.

'ur so gay' I typed and sent. He'll know I'm just joking. Throughout this conversation, I started to type how I'd normally type, and reply how I would reply to a close friend. I only ever type like this when I'm comfortable with the person.

'Yes. For u. ;)' He replied.

'okay, now i'm cringing. go to sleep already.'

'Your wish is my command princess. Goodnight.'

After rolling my eyes, trying to bite back a smile. I put my phone in it's charger and tried to go to sleep.

--------------------------------

AN; well, i kinda relate to this. if i'm texting a really close friend, it's completely different from texting a normal friend. maybe that's just me idk. but COMMENT, SHARE AND VOTE.