chapter thirteen.

Naruto's POV

The first thing I see when my eyes open is a white ass ceiling. I look around and realize I'm in the nurse's office.

I sighed in relief when I realized I'm no longer in a dark place anymore.

"You're awake!" I hear someone say. I look towards the direction in which the voice came from and see my cousin looking at me and smiling.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You fainted." He replies calmly.

"Really? What time is it?"

"5:45" Deidara replied nonchalantly.

"And you stayed?" I said, feeling bad.

"Of course. I'd be bored if I was stuck with Iruka at home." Deidara said with a smile.

"Still, sorry for making you stay all this time. You really didn't have to." I said. I felt guilty for wasting his time.

"Naruto, we're family! You're the only real family I've got.

"Yeah." Deidara walked up to the bed I was laying on and sat on it, with a concerned look on his face.

"You wanna explain how you ended up in a locker in the first place?" Deidara asked.

I sat up and explained everything. From when I lost my gym shorts to when the lights turned off.

"So it was Kiba, huh?" Deidara sighs in disappointment. I just nodded.

"But what has me confused is how he even knew about my phobia. No one other than you and Iruka should know about that. I thought I was doing a good job at not making it obvious." I say.

Deidara gave me an uneasy look then shook his head. "Let's not think about that right now. More importantly, are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. But Dei, were you the one that found me?" I ask him.

"It was me, Gaara, and Sasuke. But Sasuke is the one who did the most." Deidara smiled.

"What do you mean?"

"When we got to the locker room doors, it was locked. If it wasn't for Sasuke picking the lock, we would've never gotten in. Plus he carried you, bridal style, all the way here! It was so cute!" Deidara squeals.

I blushed thinking about him carrying me like that all the way here. That's so embarrassing!

"Did people see?" I mumbled while looking down at my hands.

"Awww is my little Naru blushing?" He says while poking my cheek.

I swat his hand away. "Answer the question!"

"Yes. A lot of kids were still on campus so there was a lot of people that saw. Some took pictures too." Deidara explains.

I groan and cover my face with my hands.

"But here's the best part! When I asked Sasuke if he was seriously gonna carry like that, he was all like 'Of course, I don't care what people think.'" Deidara said excitedly, saying the last part in a mocking voice.

My eyes widened at that. The Sasuke I know would never say something like that unless he's bluffing. And obviously wasn't bluffing if he actually did it despite people staring and taking pictures. A big smile made its way to my face.

Maybe he has changed for the better. Maybe I should forgive him and start over.

•••

I was walking out of the nurse's office with Deidara. We were chatting until someone came running up to us.

"Oh, hey Yahiko" I said. I felt Deidara tense up slightly next to me, but I decided to ignore it for now. "What are you still doing here? It's like 6:30."

"I had a meeting. It just ended but, I heard you were still in the nurse's office for some reason so I came here as soon as the meeting was over to see you but I guess you're fine now." Yahiko says with his signature smile on his face.

"Yeah. It was no big deal. You didn't have to come." I said, shrugging.

Yahiko smirked and chuckled slightly, "What type of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?" he says with confidence.

I looked at him incredulously, "boyfriend? As if!" I laughed.

"Laugh all you want, but sooner or later you be mine." He boasted. I laughed even more and Yahiko started to pout at me.

"Um, we got to go now. Iruka's waiting." Deidara urges.

"Alright." I say. I waved Yahiko goodbye and walked out of the school and towards Iruka's car. Until Deidara stopped me halfway.

"You know who he is right? President of the Council? The Council that you hate?" he says

"How could I not know?" I reply while rolling my eyes.

"Then why the fuck are you acting so friendly?" Deidara says in a higher tone than before.

"What are you talking about?" I said.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Naruto." He replies.

I roll my eyes once again. "Seriously, what's your problem? One day you're all 'go for it Naruto! He's totally your type!' then when you see us actually getting along you're questioning me. Why now? Is there something you're not telling me?" I ask him, staring him directly in the eye.

Deidara closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before speaking. "Just promise me that you'll be careful."

"Careful of wh-"

"Please, Naruto." Deidara pleads. This is the first time I've seen Deidara so serious about something. So I give in.

"Fine." Deidara gives me a content smile before walking to the car.

There's something he isn't telling me; I know that much. But I guess it'll just have to wait.

-------------------------------------

not much really happened in this chapter. but next chapter will probably be interesting ;-). vote & comment!!!