chapter nineteen.

Sasuke's POV

"He blackmailed you?!" he exclaims.

"Yup." I replied.

It's been two days since I had that conversation with Yahiko. I kept trying to think on what I should do but, I kept drawing a blank. So, here I am, skipping last period to talk the only person who could understand, Deidara.

"But how would this be bad for you again? I mean, there's a bunch of gay people that go to this school." He says

"First of all, I'm not gay. And second of all, the main person I don't want see this photo is my father." I tell him.

Deidara brought his hand to his chin, thinking deeply.

"But wouldn't this be bad for Yahiko too? It would make Naruto look like a cheater." Deidara says.

"He'll probably find a way to put all the blame on me, and with Yahiko's influence in this school, everyone would believe it. He's probably already thought of a way to handle that." I say. Deidara sighed hopelessly. There was a short silence before he spoke up again.

"Well, maybe we could try to find the person who took this picture." He says. "We find that person without Yahiko knowing, then we make him spill the tea on him."

"Plus, he could probably serve as valid proof of Yahiko's craziness to Naruto." I continue, starting to see a plan forming.

"Maybe. I'm not sure if this'll work but it's all we've got I guess." Deidara shrugs.

I smiled at him. "Thanks a lot for this Deidara. Honestly, I thought you were gonna be one of those stereotypical dumb blondes but you're actually pretty smart."

The blonde scoffed. "Why does everyone think that?" He asks himself. "But anyway, don't think my genius comes without a price."

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'll say good things about you to Itachi." I say

"Good good." He says while nodding. "Plus, I do want the best Naruto and that psycho isn't it." I nodded in agreement.

"And don't think I've forgiven you for what you did to Naruto. It took him so long to tell me what happened. I was rooting for you Sasuke!" He said.

I look down at the ground in shame.

"I only did this for Naruto's sake and for a better shot with Itachi. Nothing more." He says while glaring at me.

"I really am sorry though." I say sincerely.

"Yeah well tell Naruto that once all of this is done."  I nodded in response.

"But the question now is, how are we gonna find the person that took the picture?" I ask.

"Hm. I guess we'll have to be on the look out for any clues. It'll be hard though." The blonde says.

"Okay." I say. As soon as I said that, the bell rung, indicating school was over. Students started rushing out of the building, ready to go home. It didn't take long before it started to get a little crowded.

"Okay Sasuke, give me your number."

•••

Naruto's POV

I was walking out of the school building, searching for Deidara so we could go home already.

I didn't expect to see him with Sasuke. It looked like Sasuke was typing something on Dei's phone. Once he was done, Sasuke gave him his phone back. Deidara smiled at him and waved before walking in my direction.

"Did he just give you his number?" I ask.

"Yeah." He answers nonchalantly.

"Why?" I look at him.

"Uh, cause I asked?" He said in a questioning tone.

His face then formed a devilish grin as he said, "Are you jealous?"

I scoff at him. "I have a boyfriend in case you forgot." I say. Deidara rolls his eyes at that.

"You still don't approve?" I groan.

"No. He gives off a weird vibe." Deidara says while crossing his arms. "Where is he anyway?"

"He's the school's so-called 'king'. He's a busy dude." I say.

"Speaking of that, you know Yagura? The head of the Junior class?" Deidara says. I nod as a reply.

"Yeah well I heard that he doesn't like how close you and Yahiko are and might come after you. You shouldn't have a problem but still watch out." Deidara says.

"Would he really do something to me? I mean, wouldn't that piss off Yahiko?" I say.

"Yeah, but you never know. That guy's pretty weird." Deidara replies.

Deidara and I decided to walk home. We didn't live that far from the school anyway.

But as I was walking and talking with Deidara, I couldn't shake off this uneasy feeling. I kept looking around, not too obviously. I'm not sure what I was looking for though.

I guess Deidara picked up on my weird behavior. "Are you okay?" he asks.

"I'm not sure. I feel uneasy for some reason." Right when I said that, I heard the sound of a bush ruffling and immediately whipped my head around towards the sound. Turns out it was only a squirrel.

Deidara looked at me with confused eyes. "Let's just get home." I say, starting to walk a little faster, Deidara trying to keep up. I could tell he was trying to observe my actions. Not that I blame him.

—————————————————

vote & comment pls. things should be getting more interesting now.