chapter eight.

Naruto's POV

"It's official. Itachi's trying to kill me."

I rolled my eyes at my helpless cousin. "What are you blabbing about now?" I asked while closing my locker.

"Did you see how he's wearing his uniform today? His sleeves are rolled up! Look at those prominent veins he has. Plus, usually he only has one button unbuttoned. But today he has two! Two!!" Deidara nearly yelled. "He's showing off more skin! The lord is testing me Naruto!"

"You're such a fangirl." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Is it wrong to show my appreciation to beauty?" Deidara said while crossing his arms.

"I'm not having this conversation with you." I said, while starting to walk down the halls.

I haven't seen Sasuke today at all. Sure, it was only the beginning of the day, but I would usually see him walking the halls or something. Was he absent?

Suddenly, I bumped in to someone, which brought me out of my train of thought.

"We have to stop meeting like this." I hear a deep voice say.

I look up to see none other than Yahiko, smiling down at me. Next to him was Itachi, who had Deidara practically drooling all over him.

"Yeah, sorry." I mumbled to the floor.

I felt fingertips on my chin for a moment, only to find them lifting my head up to make eye contact with Yahiko. His face was so close that it made me blush. God, I hate blushing.

Yahiko had a playful smirk on his face when he said, "I've noticed that you can't make eye contact with me. Why is that?"

"I-I-" I became a stuttering mess all of a sudden. I had to take a pause before continuing. "I don't know" I managed to get out. Yahiko just chuckled and let go of my face.

Deidara and Itachi both stopped to look at us. The bell rang at the moment. Itachi and Yahiko both said their farewells and left.

"You whisker-faced bitch! You lied to me!" Deidara growled.

"About what? Yahiko?" I asked

"Yes!" Deidara exclaimed

"No I didn't! We're friends." I replied

"Friends my cute ass! You guys clearly have a thing going on!" Deidara nearly yelled.

"We don't! I just recently met the dude! Now, go away, twink." I said.

"You have some explaining to do later, mister! Hmph!" He flipped his hair and sashayed to class. I rolled my eyes and went to class.

Classes went by painfully slow, until it was time for lunch. When I walked in the lunch room, the first thing I saw was Kiba glaring at me. Besides the cast he had on his arm, he looked pretty normal. I gave him a small smirk before scanning the room trying to find Deidara.

I found him sitting next to Itachi, trying once again to get his attention. Itachi looked miserable. Poor him.

I noticed that Yahiko was also at the table, and was waving me over to sit at his table. I stood there for a while contemplating it. Sitting at a table full of upperclassmen is nerve wrecking, but I didn't want to seem rude to Yahiko. Plus Deidara was there.