chapter eleven.

Naruto's POV

I was at my locker with Deidara, just like any other school day. The only thing different is Deidara's behavior. He's been acting weird all morning. It wouldn't be noticeable to anyone else but to me it's pretty obvious. He was staring in to space when I decided to say something.

"Okay, what's wrong? You've been zoning out a lot this morning." I finally say.

Deidara snapped out of his daydream and looked at me. He grinned and said "Oh nothing. Just imagining what Itachi would look like without a shirt." He chuckled.

I narrowed my eyes. He's trying to act normal, but I can sense something's off. I decided not to pry just yet.

Just then, I saw Gaara walking through the glass doors of the school.

"Gaara!" I shouted from across the hall. He looked at me and gave me a small smile. But you could tell he was embarrassed. He walked over to me and Deidara and I grinned.

"Good morning!" I say to him enthusiastically.

"Morning" He replies. I looked over at Deidara and see him staring at Gaara in awe.

"Oh I almost forgot. Gaara, this is my cousin Deidara. Deidara, this is my new friend Gaara. We met yesterday." I say.

"Bro.." Deidara utters while still staring at Gaara. Gaara stared back with a confused look on his face.

"Your eyeliner is so good! What the fuck!" Deidara exclaims, getting a closer look at Gaara's face.

Both Gaara and I were caught off guard at Deidara's sudden outburst. But then Gaara starts to smile.

"Yours too." He says.

I had a feeling they were going to get along really well.

"Oh! Sasuke!" Deidara suddenly yells. I turn around to see Sasuke walking in our direction. But before he could reach us, Deidara went towards him. Sasuke seemed confused.

All I heard was mumbling coming from Deidara. Sasuke suddenly nods. He looks at me then starts to turn around and walk the other way. Deidara comes back to us with the same uneasy expression he had on earlier.

"What was that about?" I ask him.

"Oh not much. I just told him I needed to talk to him about Itachi." He replied.

And I believed him.

•••

I've come to the conclusion that I'm really dumb. Turns out, I lost my PE shorts. I'm not sure when or how but my stupid ass did. I had to go through PE in just my shirt. I even got points taken off for not being in full uniform. Isn't my life great?

It was lunch time and I was rummaging through my locker, trying to look for them. I could've sworn that they were in here. Where else could I have left it?

Just then, I hear the footsteps of someone walking down the halls. I looked over and saw that it was Yahiko. He still has his PE uniform on.

Maybe he'll know where my shorts are.

"Yahiko!" I call out to him. He looks over at me and smiles. He starts towards me.

"Well hello, princess," He coos as he reaches me.

I roll my eyes at him which causes him to smirk. "I told you not to call me that! You were just in PE right? Did you possibly see a pair of PE shorts in the locker room?" I ask.

He pauses to think about it. After a couple seconds, his face lights up.

"Ah yes! I saw one in one of the lockers that were left opened. I would've grabbed it but I was in a rush. Nagato really needed my help with something. Why? Is it yours?" He says.

That explains why he didn't change.

"Most likely. Is in one of those small lockers?" I asked.

"No. It was in one of the regular sized ones, I believe. I'm sorry, if I knew it was yours I would've grabbed it and brought it to you." He says earnestly.

"No no. It's totally fine. I'm just glad that I know where it is now. Thank you so much!" I say to him. I then take off towards the locker room before he could reply.

•••

When I got there, I stopped to take a breath. I had to climb a lot of stairs to get here.

After I finally catch my breath, I walk in to the locker room. It was completely empty and I was very relieved at that.

The locker room was pretty big, it had a bunch of different lockers in it. I started to look inside all the lockers that were left open.

I eventually found what I was looking for. My PE shorts. They were on the little shelf at the top of an open locker. I sigh in relief as I grabbed it.

Once I turned back around, I felt myself being pushed in to the locker, and before I knew it, the door closed. Everything went so quick that I didn't even see the face of the person who pushed me.

I thought I was the only one in here.

But it didn't take long before I figured out who it was. I heard a laugh before the person spoke up.

"Payback's a bitch, huh Naruto?"

"Never thought you'd stoop to such petty tricks, Kiba." I said calmly.

Kiba laughed again. "Oh this is more than just a petty trick."

I scoffed and started to slide down the locker and sit. It'll be fine. Someone will find me eventually. Plus there's three slits on the upper part of the locker's door.

The lights are still on, it's fine. Nothing's gonna happ-

"Nyctophobia, the fear of the dark." Kiba says.

My eyes widen. "What about it?" I ask.

"A little birdy told me that you may or may not have that. Heard it's pretty serious too." Kiba jeers.

How does he know about that?

"You're crazy. Why would I, of all people, have a fear of darkness? Only kids have that." I said, trying to sound calm.

"Hm. Well, we'll see about that." Kiba replies. I start to hear footsteps. Deep down, I know what's going to happen next. I try to stay calm by taking deep breaths. I keep glancing at the light coming through the three slits.

Then, I hear a light switch, and suddenly, I see nothing but black.

"See ya later, Naruto." I hear Kiba jeer once again. I hear a couple more footsteps, then sounds of a door opening and closing.

After moments of silence, and feeling tears well up in my eyes, after all the irregular breathing and the shaking, I did the only thing I could think of.

I screamed.

-------------------------

I'm really sorry for the wait. ))):
Please vote, comment, and share.