chapter six.

Naruto's POV

It's been a week and some days since my encounter with Sasuke on the roof. We've had our fair shares of hi's and byes, a couple of friendly smiles here and there, but that was it. He hasn't tried anything else yet, which has me somewhat anxious.

I was currently walking to my second class period, books in my hand, until I walked in to a wall and ended up falling on my ass like klutz I am. I should really start paying attention to where I'm going.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself while picking up my books. I suddenly saw hands, gathering some of my other books that fell. I looked up to the person helping me.

I see a handsome boy with bright orange hair and warm hazel eyes. I froze when I saw him. The boy looked up at me and gave me a warm smile and said "Sorry for bumping in to you. Wasn't paying attention." He started to get back up.

Wait, he was the wall?

I heard him laugh. "Yes I was the 'wall' you bumped in to."

My eyes widened. Oh darn, I did it again.

When I realized I was staring for too long, I felt my cheeks tinge red and stumbled back on my feet, slightly looking down and mumbling "Thanks." He seemed be only an inch or two taller, but his build was so much better than mine.

He handed the rest of my books back to me and then said, "What is your name?"

"N-Naruto." Shit. Dammit. Fuck. Quit stuttering like a bitch, Naruto.

"Well, Naruto, I'll see you soon. Again, sorry for bumping in to you." He gave me one last smile and started to walk past me. I realized that he never mentioned his name.

Without thinking I yelled, "Wait! What's your name?"

He turned around slightly, chuckling a little. "Yahiko. I'm a senior." So he's in Dei's grade, huh?

"Sorry for bumping in to you, Yahiko the senior." Great job Naruto. Who the hell even says that?

He let out a small laugh then said again, "I'll see you soon." He turned around and did a slight wave then turned the corner. Yahiko, huh? He seems really nice. I sighed then went to class.

The boring day was filled with unmotivated teachers that everyone ignored, and rowdy students that didn't know how to be quiet.

I was about to go on my search for Deidara in the senior wing, after pushing the thought of bumping in to Yahiko again out of my head. Until a hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned around.

"Sasuke?"

"Stay away from Yahiko." He said with a very serious face.

"The hell are you talking about?"

"I saw you guys talking. I'm telling you now, he's bad news. Stay away from him." He said sternly.

"You can't tell me what to do." Who the fuck does he think he is? Bossing me around like that.

"Naru--"

"Naruto!" I heard a voice yell, completely interrupting Sasuke.

I saw Deidara walking over to me. To Sasuke's luck, he was walking with Yahiko.

"Sup Naru-shizzle." Deidara said.

"Don't ever call me that again." I said. I accidentally made eye contact with Yahiko then looked away.

"Well shit. Anyway, have you met Yahiko before?" Deidara asked.

I notice Sasuke tense up in Yahiko's presence, which only sparked my curiosity. So, I decided to run a test.

"Yeah, we're great friends." I said with a smile.

Sasuke had a shocked expression on his face. Other emotions came in to the mix such as, worry, guilt, hate, fear and some other stuff but I can't tell what it is.

Ah, so the almighty Sasuke Uchiha even has people he's intimidated by.

Yahiko looked very amused at Sasuke's expression. Then he turned to me with a charming smile. "We meet again, Naruto. How was your day?" He asked.

"It was good." I said, looking downward. For some reason, I couldn't hold eye contact with him. Luckily, he didn't notice or just didn't mind.

"How about you, Sasuke?" He asked politely.

"Fine." He grumbled. Rude.

"That's good." He said then turned back to Deidara. "I have to go. We'll discuss the project later."

"You have a project?" I asked, shocked. Teachers here always seem so bland and didn't look like they actually cared if we learned or not.

"Well this is a school, Naruto." He said with a small laugh. I blushed a bit. "I'll see you all later." And with that, he left.

I looked at Sasuke who still seemed to be tense. "I don't see a reason why I should stay away from a guy like that. If anything, he's way nicer than you." I walked away and Deidara followed after he whispered something to Sasuke.

Sasuke's POV

"Tell Itachi to call me." Naruto's cousin said before smirking and walking away. So the blondie Itachi keeps talking about is him after all, huh. Figures.

More importantly, that bastard Yahiko. Why would he suddenly get all chummy with Naruto? He's up to something, I know it. This is only the first step in some intricate plan of his to get what he wants. But what could he possibly want from him?

Plus, there's Naruto, who won't fucking listen when I say he's bad news. He barely even known him. Why is he so insistent on befriending someone like him anyway? Oh well, desperate times call for desperate measures.

--------------------------

AN; I guess this is kind of a filler? I don't even know. But the story's barely even begun so vote, share and comment!! (-: