chapter twelve.

Sasuke's POV

"Meet me at the big tree at the back after school. I need to talk to you about Yahiko."

Was what Deidara said. But here I am, after school, at the big tree, all alone, for 15 minutes now. I kept looking around to see if I could find him in the crowd of students. I finally see him, power walking out of the building and jogging towards me.

"Sorry I'm late," he says, "a teacher kept holding me up."

"It's whatever," I reply, "But what did you want to tell me?"

Deidara looked uneasy for a second before opening his mouth to talk, "Yahiko" he pauses, "He's kinda weird."

"Weird? How?"

"Well, this morning, Naruto was fussing me out about giving Yahiko his number, which is completely logical since I've done that before but," he stops.

"But?" I urge him to continue.

"I didn't give Yahiko Naruto's number." Deidara says quietly.

"So? He probably got it from someone else." I didn't really see what the big deal was.

"Listen, Naruto stopped giving out his phone number to people a while back. So I highly doubt that." He said.

"So what are you trying to say?" I ask.

"The only people who have Naruto's number is me & Iruka. If Naruto wanted to text someone, ask them for their kik. And he doesn't even like phone calls in the first place. So how the hell did he get Naruto's number?" He says.

My eyes widen. If all of that's true, then how exactly did Yahiko get Naruto's number?

"And when I was about to tell Naruto that it wasn't me, he suddenly popped up stole Naruto's attention away from me, then the bell rang and he said goodbye. When he looked at me, he gave me this creepy smile, as if he was trying to warn me." Deidara says. "He's so creepy."

"Why are you telling me all of this?" I ask

"Because I know Yahiko isn't what he seems to be and the one who needs to prove that, is you."

I sighed. "Even if that's true, there's no solid evidence. Unless you're willing to tell Naruto that you really didn't give Yahiko his number."

Deidara quickly shook his head. "I can't do that." He says.

"And why is that?" I ask, "it would make this a whole lot easier."

He starts to stare at the ground as he replies with a shaky voice, "Yahiko doesn't even need to use words. Just one look and I already know he's threatening me. Something bad would happen to either me or Naruto if I didn't play along. You of all people should understand that."

"Deidara.." I say, without knowing how to reply. He's right. I do understand what he's talking about.

But what else should we do?

"Deidara!!" A voice screams from a distance. I look over to see a red headed male running towards us.

"Gaara, what's up?" Deidara asks once he stops in front of us.

"I-It's Naruto," Gaara pants. "He's trapped in the locker room! I know he is! I heard him scream!"

Both Deidara and I's eyes widened. The three of us simply looked at each other before sprinting to the locker room.

We got to the locker room door, trying to open it to find out it was indeed locked.

Deidara started banging frantically on the door. "Naruto! Are you in there? Are you alright?" Deidara shouted. But there was no response.

"Shit, are the lights off in there?" Deidara asks.

Gaara went down on the ground to peek through the little crack at the bottom of the door. "Looks like it." he replies.

"Why does that matter?" I ask Deidara frantically.

"His fear of the dark is really bad! He's fine if there's even a little light. But if it's pitch black.." Deidara stops.

"Fuck! Somebody get me a bobby pin or anything sharp! I don't care." I exclaim and squat in front of the door knob.

"You're gonna pick the lock?" Gaara almost yells.

"Do you want to fucking bring teachers in to this?" I yell back while looking up at him glaring. All three of us know that the teachers would make a big deal out of this. We also knew that none of us wanted to deal with that right now.

Gaara didn't reply and just started to look in his pockets.

"Here!" Deidara says with a bobby pin in his hand. "Thank God I wore one today."

I grabbed it out of his hand and immediately stuck it inside the lock. It took a little longer than I expected, since I haven't done this in a long time, but I eventually got it to open.

All three of us stumbled inside. I walk towards the light switch and switched it on. All of us looked around but we didn't see or hear anything.

"Gaara, I swear to God if you were fucking lyin-" I start but get interrupted.

"I wouldn't fucking lie about something involving Naruto. He screamed. And I was the only one around to hear it." Gaara snaps.

"Let's search then. He's got to be somewhere in here." Deidara says and starts walking around the locker room. Gaara and I did the same.

The locker room is quite spacious. It has bathroom stalls and a bunch of lockers. Deidara went towards the stalls and Gaara and I looked through the lockers without a lock on them, which was a lot.

Suddenly I hear a gasp and I realized it came from Gaara. I walk quickly to the locker that he was at and look inside.

There I see Naruto, crouched up at the bottom, with his eyes closed. I was frozen in place, not knowing what to do.

Deidara soon came towards us and looked at Naruto. "Fuck," he mumbles. He bends down and grabs Naruto's arm, pulling him out of the locker. "I think he fainted while he was sitting here." Deidara says.

"I'll carry him to the nurse's office." I said. I bend down and pick Naruto up, bridal style.

"You know there's still a bunch of kids on campus right. You're gonna carry him like that all the way to the nurse's office?" Deidara asks.

"Of course. It's the only way anyway. It's not like I care about the other kids either." I reply.

Deidara smiled at that and we all walked out of the locker room.

------------------------------------------

I'm really sorry about the long wait for this update!! At first it was writer's block I guess but as time went on, I guess I just started to lose the motivation to continue this story. I know that's not an excuse but even so, I'm not gonna give up on this story! So please bare with me :-(. If you're still reading this story, vote and comment pls.

ALSO, BIG THANK YOU FOR THE 13k READS!!! <3