chapter four.

Naruto's POV

It's been a couple days since my encounter with Sasuke in the bathroom. He hasn't even made eye contact with me since then. Oh god, was I too assertive?

"No you weren't too assertive."

Shit, I said that out loud?

"No you didn't say that out loud. I'm just a mind reader." Deidara said while flipping his hair and smirking.

Deidara and I were talking at my locker. It was almost time for class and I was getting my books.

"Be quiet. He hasn't even attempted anything. Should I be worried?" I said, shutting my locker.

"Tells me to be quiet then asks me a question right after, you're really something else," he mumbles to himself then sighs while shaking his head. "You didn't do anything wrong Naruto. Stop blaming yourself all the time."

"Maybe I should've just forgiven h--"

Deidara's groan interrupted my sentence. "If you forgave him that easily I would've bitch slapped you. I'm proud that you're finally starting to stand your ground instead of just taking it like you used t-- OH MY GOD ITACHI!"

Deidara jumped up and down then took a minute to calm down mumbling 'ok' to himself over and over. He started to fix his hair then he turned to me and asked "How do I look?"

I just gave him a thumbs up then he started to strut to him while screaming his name. He looked at him with a facial expression that screamed 'Help me, Jesus'. Poor thing.

I thought about what Deidara was about to say before his little outburst. He was right. If it were the old me, I would've just forgiven him to prevent causing trouble or being a burden. But now that I'm no longer weak, physically and mentally, it's time for me to finally wreak havoc to this aristocracy and stand up for myself and others.

Then, I heard the sound of the bell ringing through my ears. I started to walk to class.

Right when I was about to walk in, someone bumped in to me, making me drop all my books. I rolled my eyes and bent down to pick them up.

"S-Sorry!" I heard a high voice say. Then, I saw a pair of small hands trying to help me pick up my books. I looked up to see who it was.

"Hinata!" I exclaimed.

She looked up at me, turning redder than she was before. "H-Hello Naruto," she said with a shy smile.

She's so adorable!

"It's been so long!" I said, grinning and standing back up.

"Yeah, it has," she replied while getting back up and handing back my books.

Hinata was one of the only people that gave a fuck about me when I was getting bullied. Sure, we never really had a full on conversation before since she was an extremely shy girl, but the small gestures she always did really meant a lot. Like, asking if I was okay everyday or once and while, take care of my wounds.

"We've really got to catch up sometime. I'll talk to you later?"

Her face turned even redder, right when I thought it was impossible. She nodded and said "S-Sure! I-I'll see you later!" she said and ran off. I walked in to class right after.