Chapter 3

-Chapter 3-
*Mitch's POV

Rheanna entered my room and sat next to me on my bed. She seemed nervous. "Are you ok?" She asked me.
I nodded my head. "Are you?"
Rheanna bit her lip, a sign she's nervous about something. "Jerome knows there's something off about you. I know for a fact though that he doesn't know you have a crush on him." She spit out.
It took me a second to comprehend what she said. "What did you tell him?"
She shook her head. "Nothing. After I ate, I ran here."
I sighed, relieved. Jerome can not know I have a crush on him yet. It would ruin our friendship. "Thanks," I pulled Rheanna in for a hug. "For not saying anything to them."
She hugged me back. "No problem."
I thought back to earlier today when I told Rheanna about my secret crush.
-Flashback-
"Hey." Rheanna greeted me when I walked into the living room.
"Hey." I greeted back. "C-can I talk to you for a second?"
Rheanna sat down next to me. "Ok."
I twiddled my thumbs. "Well, uh.. I-I'm gay..." I stammered nervously. "A-and I have a crush on...Jerome." I hung my head shamefully. I knew my parents, even though they were dead, hated gays, but I couldn't help it.
I expected my sister to be angry at me, but when she wasn't, it made me happy. "Really?! I knew it!!"
"Y-you're not mad?" I glanced up at Rheanna.
She shook her head and smiled. "Why would I be?" Her smile faltered when she realized what I was thinking. "I don't care if mom and dad didn't like gays. I'm not them. I'm me."
I hugged her and she hugged back. "Thanks," I murmured into Rheanna's hair. "For not being mad."
"No problem." She pulled away. "I'm going hunting. See ya' later!!" She called out, grabbing her backpack and walking out the door.
"See ya'." I whispered.
-End Of Flashback-
Rheanna was still sitting in front of me when the memory ended. "Day dreaming?" I nodded. "I think you should tell Jerome. He might understand. He cares about you, Mitch. He wouldn't be mad." Rheanna gave me a little smile before standing up. "I'm going to my room. It's getting late. See ya' tomorrow!!" She said before she walked to the door. "By the way, Jerome is still downstairs." She added, walking out.
I thought for a moment before I pushed myself off the bed and walked out of the room to the living room where Jerome was sitting on the couch. "Hey."
Jerome looked up at me and his face brightened. "Mitch!!" He smiled. "Are you ok?"
I nodded. 'Your telling him.' I reminded myself. "Can..can I tell you something?"
Jerome nodded and patted the spot next to him. "Of coarse."
I sat down and took a deep breath. "I..I'm gay.." I stammered.
Jerome looked surprised, but he was obviously trying to hide it. "Is there more you want to tell me?" He whispered.
I slightly nodded my head. "I-I love you."
Now, Jerome wasn't trying to hide his shock. "I-I'm sorry Mitch, but I can't return the feelings."
I should of expected this. I should of known he was straight. I searched his eyes for any sigh of teasing, but didn't find anything. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I quickly wiped it off before running to the bathroom and blocking the door. I grabbed an arrowhead from my backpack and lightly ran the sharp edge over my skin, feeling the coldness. I did it again, but this time making a shallow cut on my wrist. 'That's for being stupid.' My mind told me. I made another cut, this one being deeper than the last. 'That's for telling Jerome.' I made one last cut, this one being the deepest. 'That's for being me.' I cried as the ruby red blood flowed from my wrist to the white floor. I heard knocking on the door, but ignored it. My crying died down and I cleaned the arrowhead and the floor before unblocking the door and going to my room. I choose to wear some bracelets to hide the cuts. I crawled into bed and fell asleep, a few extra tears escaping my eyes.