Chapter 18

-Chapter 18-

*Ty's POV

*Next day

Even though it's only been a few days, I feel lonely. Without Sky here, nothing is the same. Everyday so far, I've hoped that Sky would come home early and today is no different. I did my regular routine: get up, put my headphones on, eat food, miss Sky. I sat on the couch, thinking about random things, when I heard a knock on the door. Everyone else was hunting like they did yesterday so I answered the door with an iron sword in my hand. I dropped the sword and froze in happiness and shock when I saw Sky smiling at me.

"Hey Ty. I'm back." He smiled at me and pulled me into a hug.

"Y-you're actually here!!" I cried tears of joy. "I've missed you so much!!"

"I've missed you too, baby." He kissed my lips. "This is Maddie." He motioned to a girl standing next to him that I was too happy to notice.

My heart broke a little at the sight of the girl. Just by looking at how nervous she was, you could see that something went on between my Sky and her. "Hi." I waved to her.

"Hi!! You must be Ty." Maddie waved back. "I've heard a lot about you."

I motioned for them to come inside. I sat on the couch and Sky closed the door before sitting next to me. Maddie sat on the other couch. I looked between the two and asked, "Did anything happen last night?"

Sky looked at me like I was going crazy, but the way Maddie blushed confirmed my suspicions. "Of coarse not!! I don't have feelings for her. I have feelings for you." Sky said to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Then why is Maddie blushing so much?" I asked.

Sky looked over at Maddie who was as red as a tomato. "Is... Is that true?" He hesitated.

Maddie nervously giggled. "No..."

"Tell me the truth." Sky ordered.

"Yes." Maddie sighed. "I'm sorry. I used a potion to make you in love with me for a night to see if it's what I really want. Even though you were great," Maddie winked, "I don't have feelings for you like I thought I did."

My heart, which was only slightly broken before, shattered. I know I may be over thinking this, but what if it was just an act and Maddie didn't use a potion? What if Sky actually liked Maddie more than just a friend? "Excuse me for a minute." I choked out before standing up and running to the bedroom. I slammed the door shut and opened the secret chest under my bed. I searched for my knife that my father crafted for me on my last Christmas. When my hand touched the cold metal and the smooth wood, I pulled it out of the box and looked at it in the sunlight. The knife was small, but it was razor sharp. I slid it across my skin and a shallow cut appeared. I added more pressure with each cut until I had five deep cuts, all representing the pain I felt inside. I wiped my eyes, cleaned off the knife, cleaned the blood from my wrist, and put some bracelets on before going back to the living room and sitting on the couch.

Sky ended his sentence and turned his attention back to me. "Are you ok?"

I cant began to count how many times I've been asked that recently. I nodded, but didn't say anything in fear that my throat was still tight from crying.

"Will you excuse us?" Sky asked Maddie as he stood up. Sky motioned for me to follow him.

"Sure!! No problem." Maddie replied.

Sky walked into the bedroom and I hesitantly followed. He closed the door and sat on the edge of the bed, patting the spot next to him. I sat down and Sky did something I wish he didn't do: he grabbed my wrist. I winced at the shot of pain.