Chapter 21

-Chapter 21-

*morning

I stretched and opened my eyes, adjusting to the bright morning sun. I heard quiet snores next to me coming from Ty. He was cuddling with my arm. I shook my arm free, careful not to disturb him, and crept down the hall. It seemed as if no one was awake yet. Looking outside, I saw that the sun was just now rising. The extravagant blends of pink and orange hues made the sky look like it was a painting in an art gallery.

"Woah..." Ty, who I was to mesmerized to notice walk up, murmured to himself. "It's beautiful."

I slung my arm around him and pulled him closer for a side-hug while still looking out the window. We stayed like that until the sun was fully up and the rainbow of pinks vanished. I began to make breakfast for everyone, but Ty was quick to take over.

"Go sit down." He quietly instructed while breaking some eggs into a bowl. "Breakfast will be ready soon."

I obeyed and retreated to the near-silent living room. The only sound that could be heard was movement in the kitchen. "Need any help?" I asked Ty.

I heard Ty mix something in a bowl. "No thanks, babe."

I felt my ears and cheeks heat up with a blush when he called me 'babe'. I didn't mind though. "You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm positive. If I need help, I'll holler."

I sat back on the couch and became bored almost instantly until an idea popped into my head. I thought over the idea more until I knew every detail. Making sure to be quiet, I speedily tip-toed down the hall and grabbed Ty's headphones off the bedroom floor. Forgotten memories flooded back to me.

-Flashback-

I placed the obsidian on the table and checked it off the list. Now, I had black wool, obsidian, a bit of redstone, and two emeralds. I smiled to myself and began to sculpt the block of obsidian with the diamond pickaxe. I knew it was going to take awhile, but I hoped it turned out good.

A few days later, the outline was finished. Yes, I said 'days'. I dusted the redstone into a groove along the headband and sealed it by packing it with wool. I studied the dark purple, unfinished outline and grinned to myself, happy with how it looks so far.

I grabbed the wool from the table and tore it into strips. Using a bit of water as temporary glue, I pasted the fluffy fabric to the headband. I created a ring of wool and secured it to the ear covers with water. I did one, final layer of wool on the whole thing.

After the seemingly long process of polishing the two, neon green emeralds, I secured one of them into the cut-out on the left ear cover before doing the same to the right. I made sure they had no chance of falling out or becoming loose.

Holding the new item out in front of me, I studied it and checked for any flaws. The emeralds glowed in the sunlight and the obsidian was strong. I wasn't expecting it to work yet, but it would be a good gift until I figure out how to do the rest.

After a week and a half, I finally finished making a pair of headphones for Ty.

-Flashback Ended-

The emeralds were still as shiny as when I made the headphones. "Maybe for a late Christmas gift, I should make them work. I might be able to make a music player with it. I'll have to ask a friend for help though." My mind said to me. "Not a bad idea." What friend would I ask though? Would I have to go back to the village? Probably.

I heard a door open and someone yawn. "Hey Sky." Mitch stretched and stumbled down the hall towards the living room. I carefully stuffed the headphones in my backpack, careful not to break them. Walking back to the living room, I heard giggling which silenced when I walked in.