Chapter 13

-Chapter 13-

*Mitch's POV

As the sun rose high in the sky and everyone woke up, I was preparing to go to the village today. Swords, axe, armor, food, ender pearls. I made a mental checklist of what we needed.

"Mitch?" I heard Jerome call out in the hallway. "Where are you?"

"Back room." I called back and he walked in. "I'm ready." I said, but I felt something was missing.

Jerome grabbed my hand and kissed it. "You're shaking." He whispered.

I held my other hand up and sure enough, it was trembling. I put it back down and tried to stop shaking. "Just nervous."

Jerome pulled me in for a hug. "Me too." He sighed. Silence filled the room, but it only stayed for a few minutes. "Ready to go?" He asked, letting go of me.

I nodded and grabbed half the stuff. Jerome grabbed the other half and we walked back into the living room where Sky and Ty were cuddling on the couch.

"C'mon. We need to get ready." Jerome told them whole putting the stuff on the other couch. All of us grabbed a set of iron armor, an iron sword or axe, some apples, and a stack of ender pearls.

Once we were all ready, we started off towards the village. Jerome was whispering lyrics to what sounded like a lullaby. Sky was whispering in Ty's ear. Whatever he was saying was making Ty blush. I turned my attention back to Jerome, trying to hear what he was saying.

"Deep in the meadow,

Hidden far away,

A cloak of leaves,

A moonbeam ray,

Forget your woes

And let your troubles lay,

And when again it's morning,

They'll wash away." He sung.

"That was beautiful." I whispered in Jerome's ear and grabbed his hand, startling him.

Jerome blushed under his fur. "Y-you heard me?"

I nodded. "It was a beautiful song sung by the perfect Bacca." I whispered before kissing him on the cheek. "What song was it?"

"The lullaby my mom sang to us as kids. I'm sure Sierra remembers the whole thing, but I memorized my favorite verse." He explained.

The tall walls of the Bacca village were visible in the distance. As we got closer, I explained to Sky and Ty what the plan was. Once they understood, we walked into the village towards the castle.

There weren't any guards by the doors which confused us. We cautiously snuck inside, holding our weapons high. As we followed the noise of the king's voice, we also heard voices of other people.

"Get me an apple and a cup of milk." I heard the king order as we neared.

A familiar voice replied with "Yes, sir." The voice belonged to Rheanna who walked out of the room the king was in. She turned the corner where we were hiding. "M-Mitch? J-Jerome? Sky? Ty?" She looked between each of us carefully before her body started to quiver and silent tears formed in her eyes. She stepped closer to me before hugging me.

"We're here." I murmured. I felt her silent tears moisten my shirt. "Where's Sierra?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I-I don't know. I haven't seen her." She sniffled before pulling away. "You could ask Maddie or Emilee. I'm sure one of them would know."

"Who and where are they?" Jerome asked.

"Maddie was the one who showed me around and Emilee was the one who showed Sierra around." Rheanna continued to explain where they might be. "I have to go get the king his food. I'll either be in the kitchen or in the king's room." She walked off towards the kitchen.