Chapter 24- Last Chapter

-Chapter 24-

*1 week later

Ty and I sat, cuddled on the couch, talking about what we want to do. You see, now that we're a wedded couple, we chose to move out soon. Of coarse, we would still visit a lot. Problem is, we can't decide if we want to stay in the forest or live in the Village.

"I think we should stay in the forest." Ty suggested. "That way, Jerome can visit visit us without having to wear handcuffs."

He had a great point, but I wanted to be somewhere I knew. Yes, I know some parts of the forest, but not as much as I know the Village. "I think we should find a house in the village." I suggested back. "That way, we can reunite with old friends and family." My mind flashed to Ty's dad and mom and I instantly hoped he wouldn't get sad by me saying 'family'.

Ty slightly nodded. "But if we live in the village, Jerome will have to wear handcuffs. You know they put handcuffs on Baccas."

I thought about options. An idea popped in my head. "What if we build our house near the village, but still in the forest?"

He contemplated it for a second. "That's a great idea. When should we start building?"

"How 'bout tomorrow? We need to get the materials first." I stretched and look out at the night. "And it's too late to start now."

Ty hugged me tighter and yawned. "Can we go to bed?"

I picked him up so he didn't have to walk and headed towards our room. "Of coarse." I carefully laid him down under the blankets and kissed his temple. "I love you." I murmured.

"I love you too." He tiredly slurred.

I crawled into the bed and laid next to him. For some reason though, I couldn't fall asleep. To try to coax sleep, I thought about life. It started normal until the Bacca army invaded my home Village and kidnapped us. Everything was miserable. I finally figured out a way for us to escape by sneaking out at night. From there, we ran. That day was the day we met Mitch and Jerome. From what my memory is telling me, that was the day I figured out I was in love with Ty. A month or two later, I killed Ty's father. I knew Ty hated him and I've heard some of the things his father had done to him. An hour later, I proposed to Ty. Best decision ever. Few days later, we got married. Best day ever, hands down. Now, we're here, about to move into a house of our own.

I heard a door opening in the living room and it broke me out of my thoughts. I knew it was Mitch and Jerome, but now, I was too tired to get up. Instead of fighting the sudden fatigue, I let it take over and followed Ty into the land of dreams.

*Jerome's POV

Mitch and I were walking through the forest, quietly chatting. Every once in a while, we would come across a mob which one of us would quickly kill.

Mitch suddenly hugged me. "I love you." He whispered. "Never forget that."

I placed my hands on his lower back and tightly hugged him. "I love you too." I whispered back. "Always remember that." Mitch has been doing that a lot for the past week. Out of nowhere, he would stop whatever he was doing and tightly hug me. Not that I minded.

"We're home." He took my hand and led us to the inviting house. It has been feeling a bit empty since our sisters moved to a house in the Village. Then again, it's going to feel a lot emptier when Sky and Ty move out.

Mitch stretched and hugged me. "I'm going to bed." He yawned. "G'night. I love you."

I kissed the top of his head. "I love you too. I'll be in bed in a few. G'night."

He walked off and I smiled to myself. "What did I do deserve him? He's perfect." I thought. I walked to the kitchen the filled a cup with water. I listened to the quietness of the house as I took a few sips. Ya' know, my mind is right. What did I go through to meet Mitch? Stupid memory. I tried to remember as I poured out the water and tiptoed to the bedroom. I laid on the bed and stared into the darkness, struggling to remember. Suddenly, a memory popped up.

-Flashback-

"Jerome," The Bacca king began to tell me what he wanted me to do today. "I want you to burn down a nearby village. They're posing a threat." He gave me the location and a flint and steel before turning away to talk to someone.

I sprinted through the trees, already knowing where to go. I've been watching this village and I don't see how it's a threat.

I jumped down from the tall tree and ran to the nearest house. Fumbling with the fire-starter, a spark flashed and a flame quickly started. I climbed back to my tree and looked back. The fire spread over the small village, smothering the houses and shops in its bright blue flame. Everyone was screaming, shouting for help, but I couldn't do anything.

The Bacca king told everyone that humans were evil and that if we helped them, we would be shunned from the Bacca village. As someone who works for the king, I believed him, but I've been watching the humans from my favorite tree and they don't seem that bad. That's why I felt terrible about setting the village alight.

It's not like I wanted to kill all those harmless humans. The king told me I had to or else I would be shunned. In the Bacca village, you don't want to be shunned. It means having everyone turn on you and in some cases, kill you for not following the king's orders.

As I sat in my favorite tree, which was a two block by two block jungle tree, I glanced down at the village. All the houses seemed to be either on fire or in ashes and the few who survived were kneeled on the grass, crying, screaming, or staring at the village in utter shock. Studying the survivors, I noticed that they all had a weapon.

There were 5 survivors in total; two girls and three boys. The youngest was probably around 7 years old and the oldest survivor was in his 50's. The smartest survivor was chopping a small tree down with his fists. Soon enough, the tree has been cut down and the boy, who looked to be around 17, was making tools.

I felt like the boy knew I was there. He had looked up at my tree many times, but he never made a move to climb it. Well, that was before he made a wooden sword.

The boy climbed up my tree, sword in hand. "Who are you?!" He yelled when he got to the branch I was on.

"I-I'm..." I held my head down in nervousness and shame.

"C'mon. Spit it out." The boy stepped closer to me.

I backed away, just noticing how close to the edge I was. "I-I'm a Bacca."

The boy smiled at me. "I'm a Benja. What's your name?"

Why is he being so nice? I just burnt down his village. "Jerome. Yours?"

"Mitch."

-Flashback End-

I suddenly realized that I can't completely hate the king. Yes, he made me kill tons of innocent people. Yes, he hurt Mitch. Yes, he took helpless people from their homes.

On the other hand though, he was the one who brought me and Mitch together. He was the one who gave us the chance to meet. Without the king, I wouldn't be where I am now. Why? Because he was the one that created the Mission.

---Author's Note---

Well, that was the last chapter!!! Did ya' enjoy the book? I hope you did!! Wanna help me out? Leave a bit of feedback!! Tell me what you liked, didn't like, and what you would've changed. Every comment helps me.

I wanna thank Heathershipsanything for making the awesome cover. Check out her stories!!

I wanna thank my sis, MissMaddieHere, for proof-reading parts of the story. Take a second to look at the stories she's written!!

Last but totally not least, I wanna thank you, readers, for taking the time out of your day to read my story!!

~Rheanna777